NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Aneurysm (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/)
-   -   brain aneurysm and hearing loss?? (https://www.neurotalk.org/aneurysm/74173-brain-aneurysm-hearing-loss.html)

bubba 01-27-2009 10:20 AM

brain aneurysm and hearing loss??

Hi
I had a ruptured aneurysm almost 3 months ago. I have developed a ringing in my ears. Does anyone have any information about this? Should i go back to see my surgeon??
thanks

gabrielli 01-27-2009 08:01 PM

Hi ...I'm going to send this to a Annie friend who just went through the same thing you are talking about. She had surgery and it cleared this up.I'll see if you will sign up here to help you.

ooxx
Mimi

Chris B 01-27-2009 09:11 PM

Hi Bubba, my friend Gabrielli sent me an email about your ears ringing after aneurysm rupture. I had not yet become a member here, but decided I should sign up, maybe I can be of help.

First, I am sorry to hear you had a rupture, I hope other than the ear ringing that you are doing well. I had an aneurysm that was caught before it ruptured. Prior to the detection of the aneurysm I had a pulsing in my ears (heartbeat in sync with the pulsing). I had the aneursym repaired but the pulsing was still there. It sounds a bit different than your situation, however, I would certainly speak to your surgeon.

I went for a 64 slice High Resolution CT scan after the aneursym repair, followed by a VEMP test. They discovered a condition called "Superior Canal Deshicence Syndrome". I had a hole in the bone separating my skull from my inner ear (these bones can thin over time and actually develop holes). They fixed it with surgery. They went in right behind my left ear and plugged the hole up and now the sound is gone. I do not know if ringing in the ear could share the same diagnosis, it did take two years to figure out what was happening with this heartbeat in the ear, but don't give up!

Chris B

bubba 01-28-2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris B (Post 454710)
Hi Bubba, my friend Gabrielli sent me an email about your ears ringing after aneurysm rupture. I had not yet become a member here, but decided I should sign up, maybe I can be of help.

First, I am sorry to hear you had a rupture, I hope other than the ear ringing that you are doing well. I had an aneurysm that was caught before it ruptured. Prior to the detection of the aneurysm I had a pulsing in my ears (heartbeat in sync with the pulsing). I had the aneursym repaired but the pulsing was still there. It sounds a bit different than your situation, however, I would certainly speak to your surgeon.

I went for a 64 slice High Resolution CT scan after the aneursym repair, followed by a VEMP test. They discovered a condition called "Superior Canal Deshicence Syndrome". I had a hole in the bone separating my skull from my inner ear (these bones can thin over time and actually develop holes). They fixed it with surgery. They went in right behind my left ear and plugged the hole up and now the sound is gone. I do not know if ringing in the ear could share the same diagnosis, it did take two years to figure out what was happening with this heartbeat in the ear, but don't give up!

Chris B

Yes, i can often hear my heartbeat as well. Its bizarre. I left a message with my surgeon and am still waiting for a reply. Thanks so much, i appreciate it.