NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Chronic Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/)
-   -   Ready To Live Again! (https://www.neurotalk.org/chronic-pain/7546-ready-live.html)

Junie 11-29-2006 10:49 AM

Ready To Live Again!

I feel 150% better just in the 2 weeks since my Kadian was bumped to 100 mg twice a day from 60 and what helped more then ever was NS adding the Valium 15 mg a day....so I now have a clean house....cooked a huge Thanksgiving dinner alone....put up the Xmas tree and am thinking of shopping. This all happened in the past 10 days.... plus dyed my hair last night and rolled it, and will do eyebrows today:) .....went from being in bed 90% of the time, hoping for death to take me.....and I am seeing my GP on Friday to get some Reglan and or Zelnorm to get my poor dead bowels moving....the Miralax can only do so much!
Thanks so much for everyone of you that took the time to reach out to me when I was in the pits of hell!! Even though I did not seem to care, it actually meant the world to me!
Junie, alive again in east Tn!

gambles 11-29-2006 03:09 PM

Wow

That is absolutely, fantastically wonderful!!

Feel free to come over hear for some housework. I'm about 6 years behind.:D

Suzanne

sallyb 11-29-2006 11:43 PM

Yes...I suspect...

Yes. I suspect that you might be able to travel the world...one forum member at a time...doing our years of undone housework. I am sooooooo happy for you!!! My new doctor seems to be on the right track with meds that will straighten out my pain to make it more barable too. I am looking forward to that!!! Congratulations!!!

fiberowendy2000 11-30-2006 07:52 AM

Junie, be careful you don't do too much too fast. I made the mistake many times and paid for it for days after. Congrats on the Kadian....I don't seem to be able to get anything stronger than anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants.
I gotta talk to my pain doc again.....again.
Good luck with your new freedom!

Junie 11-30-2006 10:36 AM

Thanks everyone,
My house is by no means spic n span but I was able to do much more then I expected....and I give most of the credit to the valium as the spasms were constant and cprippling! If your docs are blowing you off (like mine were) take a outspoken male figure with you and maybe they will take you a bit more seriously?? I am getting plenty of rest.....don't plan on overdoing it and ending up worse then before....just feels nice to know it won't kill me to get up and cook a meal:)

~KELLWANTSANSWERS~ 11-30-2006 02:37 PM

Junie
I am so HAPPY:) to read this post today!!!!!
I hope you continue to feel as good as you did when you wrote this!!!
Like someone else said-just dont over do it...
I am sooo happy for you:D
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}
~Kell

Boopers 11-30-2006 07:58 PM

Woooohooooooo

Oh Junie!! You have made my day!!! What fantastic news! I couldn't be happier for you. It sounds like you are on cloud nine and I hope you never come off!!
It sounds like you know the exact thing to do, by getting plenty of rest.
Thank you for letting us know how you are now doing!! But, remember, if you ever need us again, we are just a computer away!!
Bless you,
Linda :)

Junie 12-01-2006 09:59 PM

Thanks everyone
I just came back from seeing my Pcp and first of all she is familiar with Arachnoiditis and has another pt with it (she plans to hook us up if the other pt is ok with it) and she told me she has no problem at all giving me valium in whatever dose I need since what I have is a lifetime disease...and I am just thrilled to have all 3 of my doctors on the same page with my condition and maybe even end up with a new friend to boot! She also gave me a new Rx for cymbalta, zelnorm and and new drug for quiting smoking .......chantix which is fine with me as long as it works without a ton of side effects. I am to start the zelnorm first and if no bad effects add cymbalta a week later and in 2 weeks can add the chantix!
All in all I would say it was a very good visit! http://brain.hastypastry.net/forums/...lies/smile.gif

Idealist 12-01-2006 10:57 PM

Congratulations, Junie! If I were you, I'd be on cloud nine, too...:)

I hope everything keeps improving for you, and you have a wonderful holiday season!