NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   Can't put pic's on forum anymore HELP!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/7549-cant-pics-forum-anymore-help.html)

Fancylady_2006 11-29-2006 12:12 PM

Can't put pic's on forum anymore HELP!!

I use to be able to put pictures on the forum but I can't anymore. When I click to manage attachments, my computer goes "thud" & won't let me in at all. Not even for size. It is like it's blocked. I didn't do nothing to it. I did have to have a harddrive put in and when they put virus protection in, it was McAfee. Could that be my problem? I also would like to learn to put pic's on with my message. if possible, in simple language. Thank you!
Blessings,
Billie :)

Jomar 11-29-2006 01:01 PM

I don't think McAfee would stop pics from uploading?

I just learned how to do this myself so I'll try to help you.

well shut - if you can't even get past the manage attch page ??

I don't know if I can help.

you might go into the mcafee and look thru the settings but if you have the default or standard settings as it comes out of the box it should work Ok. - It shouldn't be blocking your access to pics.

but I did have to uninstall mine and reisntall with the custom options -with a few parts NOT installed as it was not letting hubby search on craigslist at all - it kept blocking it- but I could use it all from my profile. i am admin on my puter but everyone else is limited user- we each have our own "profile "set up.
mainly so they don't mess with my banking or forum settings- LOL

mrsD 11-29-2006 05:36 PM

pop up blocker...

If you have an aggressive pop up blocker, it might block the attachment
window.

You can by-pass this by hitting control + shift just after you hit manage
attachments...see if that works for you.
Control + shift is the general command to allow a pop-up.

Fancylady_2006 11-29-2006 06:21 PM

It blocked the pop ups, but !!!!

I have the pop up blocked. The control + shift did do that. When I hit manage attachments nothing happens. It pushes in, then nothing! Anymore ideas?
Blessings,
Billie

Curious 11-29-2006 06:25 PM

billie...
check your user cp. go into edit options. make sure the boxes are checked on Visable Post Elements.

Curious 11-29-2006 06:27 PM

also have the Message Editor Interface on Standard Editor

Curious 11-29-2006 06:28 PM

on your pop up blocker...can you put in to okay this site?

Fancylady_2006 11-29-2006 06:57 PM

Curious~
I done everything you said. Went to the user cp. The boxes were all 3 checked.
Next I checked and it was on Standard Editor.

Then I went and unblocked the Blocker & it said nero talk was not blocked.

IT STILL DON'T LET ME ATTACH NOTHING. Anymore ideas.

Curious 11-29-2006 07:04 PM

do you know the size of the pictures you are trying to attatch? it only allows small ones.

i'm thinking hon....Attachment 452

can you right click on my little guy scrathing his chin? save it. then try using the paperclip to upload it. then go to the little arrow nest to the paperclip and attach it...

Fancylady_2006 11-29-2006 07:37 PM

I can right click and save. ( got him in my pictures) Where is the paper clip? I don't like being dumb, but no paper clip. I could sure send it e mail though.
The size doesn't matter now Curious. I can't get in to open for size anymore. I don't get any further than manage attachments button.