NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Our Millie died this morning (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/7559-millie-died-morning.html)

Chemar 11-29-2006 02:40 PM

Our Millie died this morning

Our beloved JR terrier, Millie, died this morning in her sleep.

We are all in shock as she just suddenly became really ill and initially it was thought she had a bladder infection or stone, but it seems she had cancer.

She was still bouncing around at Thanksgiving, but her condition started going downhill on Monday

My son is devastated as he got Millie in Jan 2000 (Millie=Millenium) after his dx with Tourette Syndrome, and she brought him so much joy and comfort during the scariest period of his young life

My fondest memories of her are the games she would play with my son, chasing a flashlight beam and also how she would bark and dance when we called "Dinnertime":o

We will miss our Millie so much

Alffe 11-29-2006 02:47 PM

Oh Chemar, I am so sorry. dogs are just the most wonderful pets. :( :(

Curious 11-29-2006 02:55 PM

((((chemar)))))

what a beauty.

i am retiring my "dinner time" aim sound in her memory. just won't be the same without millie barking when i message you. :(

Ellie 11-29-2006 02:58 PM

I'm soooooooo sorry. :(

jccgf 11-29-2006 03:22 PM

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this :(. My thoughts are with you and your family. It is so hard.

Cara

Lara 11-29-2006 03:36 PM

:(

So sorry to hear this news about your Millie. I'll be thinking of you all there. It's shocking when our beloved pets pass on. Your son must also be just devastated. I'm so sorry. *tears

mrsD 11-29-2006 05:47 PM

Oh, I am sorry...

this is so hard for those who love their pets so.

Are you going to bury her in your yard? We did this for our cats, and made
a little garden with ivy and all. It is really beautiful now, and it helps us
to see that earthly beauty (where it was a bare patch before). Somehow it
is more bearable that way. It might help your son "deal" as well... as painful as
it is, we all must learn to "let go"--even if in our hearts we do not completely.

Here is a picture of part of my pet cemetery/garden. I found some cute
stone statues over the years, and use them there.In the spring it is covered
with scilla, and trout lilies..very moving.

I am sure you will be getting a new pup soon...that is the best therapy of all!;)

CoolAngel26 11-29-2006 08:20 PM

{{{HUGS}}} to you,and your son,in the loss of Millie.:( :(

Love,Kristin

dahlek 11-30-2006 06:21 AM

I know in my heart that....

your JR is where all great JR's go to in heaven. Doing all those unique things that they do and enjoying life after to the fullest.
Also, that Millie will be greeted by other great JR's I've had the honor to know and love, all of them with smiles on their faces! - j

Chemar 11-30-2006 08:47 AM

thanks and ((((hugs)))) to all of you.
reading your posts here has really comforted me :)

I know it is going to take a while for the ache of losing Millie to reduce to a gentle nostalgic sweet sorrow, especially for my son, but you have all sure helped in my grief and I bless you for caring

Cheri