NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Warning: This may contain TMI! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/76125-warning-contain-tmi.html)

Blondi 02-02-2009 03:47 PM

Warning: This may contain TMI!

But I know this is the one place where everyone will understand.

I pee'd myself this morning.:eek::o

I think I was dreaming that I was "going" and it woke me up. Thankfully it wasn't enough to get the bed wet, but my PJs were wet. I cried for about half an hour.... Wasn't a good way to start a Monday.

I've been on meds before for bladder control when I was having to go all the time and it was waking me up several times a night and making me tired. I remember the pills gave me really bad cotton mouth.

There have been several times in the last several months that I have barely made it to the toilet on time. And I mean barely, like I couldn't stop it even to get my pants down.

Do I just laugh about this? Will that keep me sane? I'm just wondering cuz I've been laughing like I'm ready to be locked up in the looney bin....

NurseNancy 02-02-2009 05:16 PM

sorry kim.
i went thru that too. and still do even tho i'm on meds.
i have a full mattress protector on my bed so that if i do go, which i did once, it won't damage my bed.

i also wear a pad to bed to catch the leakage so i can make it to the BR but sometimes that doesn't work.

the meds will make your mouth dry but getting the benefit of control may make it worth it.

you should discuss this with your dr. he may be able to help.

dmplaura 02-02-2009 08:36 PM

Sucks! This happened to me last week. I had this same thing happen (woke up half piddled, had been dreaming about going) and then felt nauseous for the rest of the day. :(

DM 02-02-2009 08:37 PM

Aw don't fret Kim! I do that every once in a while and it makes me so mad. By the time I clean up, change and get back to bed, then I'm wide awake. I was taking meds for it, but since it only happens once in a while, I stopped the meds. I agree, though~ it's aggravating!!! Judy gave you some good ideas. Take care and don't feel bad and if it happens more frequently, you could talk to your Dr/Neuro.

sabimax 02-02-2009 09:02 PM

oh also had that happen once, but also then when sneezing, even with a kegel leaking

try to laugh, the pad on bed under sheet is great idea, and maybe meds, but I have not gone into that idea as doesnt occur enough to warrent meds..hugsss and wet dreams...hehehhe (I had to) hey maybe it was that a wet dream hehehe see now I got you laughing, dont I!!?? hugss,sarah

SandyC 02-02-2009 09:07 PM

Judy had some great ideas. Jim takes Oxybutinin for bladder spasms. Don't be too hard on yourself. :hug:

Sarah! LMAO

SallyC 02-02-2009 09:50 PM

I used to have that problem, often. Since I started LDN, no more problem with bladder, but sometimes I don't make it when I must do do..:o Just can't hold it.

If I had my druthers, I'd rather have piddle running down my legs..:eek:

There, I made you laugh..:D

Desinie 02-03-2009 03:00 AM

I've had it happen too. Please don't feel too bad about it. At least it happened at home,right? And at least you're in good company! :hug:

Dejibo 02-03-2009 09:21 AM

please take heart. I DONT have bladder control issues, but now and again, I dream that I have to pee. its always in a spot where NO potty exists, or I am forced to find wooded areas, and then get shy, and have to really force myself to go. I wake and say AHGGHH!! I peed the bed! Its a dream thing. I spoke to the MD about it BEFORE my MS dx, and was told LOTS of folks do it, and lots of folks are upset by it.

My son has done it, my hubby has done it, my mom has done it, my sister has done it, my neighbor has done it. You are in good company.

If you are doing it constantly, you can slide a pad under your sheet, and go to sleep relaxed that if you do it again, you wont ruin the mattress.

:grouphug::hug::grouphug::hug::grouphug::hug:

Blondi 02-03-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseNancy (Post 458806)
sorry kim.
i went thru that too. and still do even tho i'm on meds.
i have a full mattress protector on my bed so that if i do go, which i did once, it won't damage my bed.

i also wear a pad to bed to catch the leakage so i can make it to the BR but sometimes that doesn't work.

the meds will make your mouth dry but getting the benefit of control may make it worth it.

you should discuss this with your dr. he may be able to help.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) The mattress pad is probably a really good idea. I was so embarrassed I didn't want to tell DH, but when I was checking the bed to see if it was wet, he wanted to know what I was doing, so I told him. He made a joke about it and we have been laughing since. Boy, am I lucky to have him!

I told my mom what happened and she suggested that I start wearing Depends.... DEPENDS! :eek: I'm 41 and I kind of freaked out a little bit. This disease has a way of stuffing my pride down my throat...

I have a neuro appt about mid-March so I will put this on the list of things to discuss with him.