NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Hydrocephalus (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/)
-   -   O/T, but a big ol' FAT BRAG about.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/hydrocephalus/762-ol-fat-brag.html)

LIZARD 09-13-2006 01:14 PM

O/T, but a big ol' FAT BRAG about....

...gettin' SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!! I had a tough week this week (insatiable hunger :o ), but it's turnin' fallish here, and my clothes from last year could cover two of me :D, so I bought new ones today!!!! Had to buy cheap, since I'm a long way from goal yet, but dang, it felt so good!! Just thought I should tell those of y'all who haven't seen me in a few years that you ain't gonna recognize me next time we meet!! :D

LIZARD, shrinkin' away!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Curious 09-13-2006 01:16 PM

:::::::::::::claps:::::::::::::::::

yippeee lizard!!!

come on over to social chat. i started a weight loss thread. you are such an inspriration!!!!!

shall we call you lil'lizard?

LIZARD 09-13-2006 01:46 PM

Yo, Curious! :)

I think I just bumped into your thread a minute ago (and posted). :) Thanks for the invite and all the sweet support. I 'preciate it so much! :)

LIZARD, who's thrilled to be called "Li'l LIZARD"! :D

Curious 09-13-2006 02:08 PM

yw

that is what we are here for!

davidmic61 09-13-2006 03:28 PM

congrats

Way to go, Skinny. :)

David

LIZARD 09-13-2006 03:40 PM

LOL!! :D Thanks so much to both of you! :) I gotta tell ya...it feels SO GOOD, too!! The last time I was this size was right after my son was born--12 years ago!! :eek:

LIZARD, shrinkin' and lovin' it :D

MegNJaxMom 09-13-2006 05:23 PM

I am so proud of you! And if you came up (silently cause I would recognize your voice) and hit me I wouldn't know it! I haven't seen you big, so seeing you little would be new! Keep up the great work! I am slowly losing because I am not feeding my insulin anymore with my wonderful pump. And I am so busy at work that I don't eat as much.

LIZARD 09-13-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegNJaxMom (Post 5659)
I am so proud of you! And if you came up (silently cause I would recognize your voice) and hit me I wouldn't know it! I haven't seen you big, so seeing you little would be new! Keep up the great work! I am slowly losing because I am not feeding my insulin anymore with my wonderful pump. And I am so busy at work that I don't eat as much.

Hey, Bebe!! :D

I'm so glad you got your pump!!!!!!!!!! :D That must make life so much easier! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Just make sure you eat!!!! I know what low sugar can do, and you know I do!! You MUST EAT, and eat regularly. Okay...sermon over. :p

Thanks for the sweet words. This week has been such a BEAR! My hunger has been out of control!! I had a realization, though. Even when I get ravenous like I have been all week, if I gain at all, it's usually not much, 'cause I eat "point-friendly" foods and my metabolism has been awakening from a 20-year coma, so the calories are being burned. I do have to get more activity, though. My foot (nasty plantar fasciitis) is improving slowly, but walking is a big fat no-no, so I have to find something else. I need a bike!!!! (Workin' on it...)

Huggers to you and yer chillins!

WL :)

MegNJaxMom 09-13-2006 07:36 PM

Hey sweets! I have NO problem eating! But my hunger isn't what it used to be. Like I said, I am not feeding that insulin... the pump is amazing and liberating. I haven't felt this good in YEARS! I would never have been able to do school and full time job if it weren't for my pump. I am more active too cause I have some very active kids in my preschool class, so we dance and wiggle and jiggle a lot during the day. They think it is great that Miss Heather dances with them. I think it is great exercise cause I am out of breath but that is getting better too.

Keep up the great work! Luvs ya!

suecr 09-14-2006 09:39 PM

That is great, the first time I met you was at hydro conferance when you told me about your incredible achievement. Congratulations! I hope to join the "losers" club soon as well. I used to be quite the athlete (NE champion in swimming when 14) etc. etc. Now, after two kids, lots of stress and not enough exercise (not to mention age, 40 in March) I have a lot to lose!