NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Prayer for DD's symptoms (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/76205-prayer-dds-symptoms.html)

Friend2U 02-02-2009 11:32 PM

Prayer for DD's symptoms

I've am worried about my daughter. She is 26 and having symptoms that 'could' be ms-like. I know it could also be a lot of other things... maybe separate issues. But I know there are some of you who have talked about fears of your child having ms.

My dd is having vision issues. She see lines as being wavy and light and dark. Sometimes part of her line of vision turns dark then reappears.

She is also having some numbness in her arm and hand.

She talks about things going on she remembers from high school that she didn't think much of at the time. These things are similar to what I remember experiencing and I have never mentions these to her.

I want her to get in to see a neuro. So I think I will call my neuro and see if he will see her or what the best path for her to take would be.

Please remember her in your prayers.:smileypray:
Thank you.

NurseNancy 02-03-2009 12:41 AM

i will keep your dd in my prayers.
i hope she's ok.

it might also be helpful for her to be seen by an opthamologist to check for ON.

Desinie 02-03-2009 02:45 AM

Friend,
I'll keep your DD in my prayers. I second Judy's recommendation for an opthalmologist appt. too. Prayers going out to you too, I know how worrying things like this can be. :hug:

Lady 02-03-2009 03:09 AM

I pray your DD doesn't have MS or any Neurological disease/disorder. Maybe migraines. They can be of the type called Silent Migraines, without any headache.

Affects the vision and perhaps some body parts too. Good luck to your DD, I hope she feels better soon. If she is on any medication she should consider that too might be causing some odd side effects.

Friend2U 02-03-2009 04:25 AM

Judy and Desinie,
I agree it would be good to go to opthalmologist. Maybe that should be her first step. I am not going to assume anything. But I also am not wanting her to just ignore for years like I did. Thank you so much for you input.

Lady,
I didn't know about the Silent Migraines. She is also under a lot of stress, so I wonder if that could cause any of this.
Thanks so much!

:grouphug:

Koala77 02-03-2009 04:40 AM

Thinking of you and your DD, Friend2U.

I hope she gets to see a neuro soon, and that her symptoms can be explained away by something relatively simple. Wishing you both the best. :hug:

Kitty 02-03-2009 06:08 AM

I agree with all the good advice given here. I worry about my children, too. It's hard not to. I'm keeping you both in my prayers.

Friend2U 02-03-2009 07:56 AM

Anne and Kelly,

Thank you for your prayers. You are always so supportive. Even though we have never met, I consider you both very good friends.
Thank you! :hug:

FinLady 02-03-2009 10:10 AM

Add my prayers too. :hug:

Twinkletoes 02-03-2009 11:44 AM

Count on me for prayers, Friend. Praying you will find answers. She is lucky to have such a caring Mom to look after her. :hug: