NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Seeing it in Writing (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/76339-seeing-writing.html)

yeahbut 02-03-2009 05:55 PM

Seeing it in Writing

As many of you know I have not had an official DX, only Probable MS. Well, I went to my infusion this afternoon and there on a piece of paper was my name, address and DX MS.

I have to say I took a double take and had a weird feeling in my gut. I don't know how to explain it, how to explain the feeling of seeing those words written on paper with my name attached to it.

The neuro has told me this is what he fels I have, my PA agrees this is what I have, even when I went to a seminar with RW and got to sit and talk with her Neuro he agreed with everything we told him that is pretty much what I have but seeing it written so much different.

I don't know if it was the shock of seeing it the first time or what. I can't seem to get that picture out of my head of that piece of paper with my name on it.

Victor H 02-03-2009 06:03 PM

Consider it a blessing because it could have said something worse.;)

I am so glad that eons ago, MS was my diagnosis and not the alternative,..., a brain tumor.:eek:

-Vic

yeahbut 02-03-2009 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor H (Post 459527)
a brain tumor.:eek:

-Vic

Thank Vic, you are right but I have two of those, thankfully not cancer! But, I have them watched every 6 months just to make sure!

lady_express_44 02-03-2009 06:14 PM

That is what they "think" it is, and that is the reason it was written on the paper.

You realize it is still "probable" until you hear it from their mouths, right? ;)

Cherie

sabimax 02-03-2009 06:38 PM

hey you, hugssssss

in writing does make if more real!! hugssss,sarah

yeahbut 02-03-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady_express_44 (Post 459535)
That is what they "think" it is, and that is the reason it was written on the paper.

You realize it is still "probable" until you hear it from their mouths, right? ;)

Cherie

YES, of course I still know it is probable and I am happy with that Cherie, I only was saying how it was hard reading it.

Maybe I shouldn't of said anything?

sabimax 02-03-2009 07:01 PM

Yeahbut you were sharing how you felt, that is a good thing. I would think if your neuro says he thinks it is MS that is saying he thinks it is MS...

so probable, possible, yes it is, probable, I think it is MS, well you know what you have something, and real likely MS, and seeing it in writing can feel hard on someone....so MORE GREAT BIG HUGSSSSSSSSSS!!

Riverwild 02-03-2009 07:18 PM

You're STILL our leetle Yabbit, with or without a diagnosis, yanno!
HUGS!

SandyC 02-03-2009 07:38 PM

Char, we get it. Of course you would feel different seeing it in writing for the first time. I would ask him about it. :hug:

SallyC 02-03-2009 08:01 PM

(((((Char)))))) Just why is it that you don't have a deffinate DX....Sheesh..:mad: