NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   not the person you think i am (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/76973-person-am.html)

angelrsd 02-07-2009 02:06 AM

not the person you think i am

apperantly *edit* there was someone with a similar name . as i am not this person and this probably why i didnt feel so welcomed here i couldnt figure it . i thought that i had said somethign wrong but figured it out. the only way i found out if some of you go to brain talk you found out about vics passing i had know vic for years i was 16 when i got rsd and him and alot of the old timers from the late 90's helped to understand what just happend to me i was scared and off them (you) helped not to be so scared i lost all my friends at age 16 went from being an athlete to not being able to walk let alone go to school. so please understand that i have never in my life started attacks on ppl on any of these forums i ve been around so long i used to go to the mass general rooms and thats were i meet alot of you . *edit* i am here just like you in alot of pain and not anyone to understand how i feel

-carrie

Imahotep 02-07-2009 03:49 AM

Hang in there.

It's just going to take time for people to know you and accept you.

I hope you'll have a better day today.

allentgamer 02-07-2009 04:37 AM

Hi Carrie!

Dont know if I remember you from BT, I get everyones names confused all the time lol. Now if I saw everyones faces it would be different, I still wouldnt remember anyones names, but I never forget a face lol.

Hope you get to feelin better :hug:

MominPainRSD 02-07-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelrsd (Post 461651)
apperantly *edit* there was someone with a similar name . as i am not this person and this probably why i didnt feel so welcomed here i couldnt figure it . i thought that i had said somethign wrong but figured it out. the only way i found out if some of you go to brain talk you found out about vics passing i had know vic for years i was 16 when i got rsd and him and alot of the old timers from the late 90's helped to understand what just happend to me i was scared and off them (you) helped not to be so scared i lost all my friends at age 16 went from being an athlete to not being able to walk let alone go to school. so please understand that i have never in my life started attacks on ppl on any of these forums i ve been around so long i used to go to the mass general rooms and thats were i meet alot of you . *edit* i am here just like you in alot of pain and not anyone to understand how i feel -carrie

Carrie,
I am SO sorry you did not feel welcomed here. I see that you joined in December '08......that is the same time I joined. I have never been a member of any other forum before, so I personally don't know if that had any credence as to why you were not being responded to as you needed to be......but I personally welcome you with open arms (I can still move that way!! The RSD is in my feet!) and look forward to getting to know you better in the near future!!

Feel free to PM me any time......I have tremendous compassion for ANYONE suffering from this dreaded disease. We all have enough pain in our lives without feeling like we're getting neglected from our forum family as well!!! Please just know that I genuinely care about what is going on with you, and will always be here to lend an ear or a shoulder!! Please take care!

I respect your willingness to post this. I think it took a lot of maturity not to just get your feelings hurt and leave. Thanks for sticking with us!!! :hug:

Curious 02-07-2009 09:39 AM

Carrie,

Usernames that use the RSD or MS or PD in them can look alike. It can get confusing on who is who.

If your username is that close to someone else, that also gets confusing.

Let me know if you want to change your up a bit. It's not something we do a lot, but in cases like this, it just might be the answer.

( BTW...There is only one of me. :D There have been a few others who have joined who made their names just a tad bit different, and that has confused people, so I know where you are coming from.)

angelrsd 02-07-2009 01:54 PM

thanks you all i apperciate it. curouse i might just take u up on that offer. thanks for understanding. i think i felt that ppl thought that i was the other person. i makes me feel better to know that you guys care. because i dont have any rsd freinds really left from where i was gone from these forms for so long .. thansk it helps me cope a little better. hope this find everyone in less pain

-carrie

buckwheat 02-07-2009 02:13 PM

Hi Carrie,

I care about you. I am sure others will join in and welcome you as well. Please don't be hurt or upset. Much Love, Roz

kelly6449ed 02-07-2009 03:05 PM

Hello

I am sorry you had to write about that, you are welcome here,
we all care for each outer, no one is left out, ok, so welcome to the board,
and start joining in, we are all like family, here,

peace
and
:hug:
to you
Kelly

Mslday 02-07-2009 03:39 PM

Dear Carrie,

I don't know who the other person is that people are confusing you with. I'm sorry to hear that that has caused you any ill feelings on either side of the forums.

Just know that I like you just as you are! I'm happy to see you posting your feelings openly and honestly and fully support you as a new member of our community. I joined the community just last summer and I think it takes a bit of time for people to get to know you. For me I don't always have the time to be online. We all have our issues but everyone is very supportive and caring here.

MsL

DianaA 02-07-2009 04:37 PM

Hi angelrsd

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelrsd (Post 461651)
apperantly *edit* there was someone with a similar name . as i am not this person and this probably why i didnt feel so welcomed here i couldnt figure it . i thought that i had said somethign wrong but figured it out. the only way i found out if some of you go to brain talk you found out about vics passing i had know vic for years i was 16 when i got rsd and him and alot of the old timers from the late 90's helped to understand what just happend to me i was scared and off them (you) helped not to be so scared i lost all my friends at age 16 went from being an athlete to not being able to walk let alone go to school. so please understand that i have never in my life started attacks on ppl on any of these forums i ve been around so long i used to go to the mass general rooms and thats were i meet alot of you . *edit* i am here just like you in alot of pain and not anyone to understand how i feel

-carrie

Hi Carrie, I am Zida from BT. I too was a very good friend of Vic's. I was the one that posted of his passing. I am so glad to see you here. Vic had spoken of you to me. I do remember you. I'm sending out a warm welcome to you. I certainly hope I haven't overlooked your presence here, but if I have I'm here to welcome you back home. I have been going through some unpleasant life situations recently and have needed more support lately than I have given. But I'm here if you want to talk about anything, Vic, the old BT or just anything. Again, welcome home. There are the great newbies and some of the oldies but goodies, and we are all here for you.:hug: Love Di