NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   More whine - anyone got some cheese? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/77019-whine-cheese.html)

Tabbico 02-07-2009 05:46 PM

More whine - anyone got some cheese?

I am so frustrated. I have been on Copaxone for 2 years, with my pathetic insurance paying only a 25% copay. I've maxed out my home equity, drained my savings, and now Teva has raised the price so my C. now costs $5014.43 for a 3 month supply!!!! I make too much to qualify for any aid (around $38,000 per year), but how can I manage over $20,000 of that for C????

In 2 years I have had no progression and no new lesions. I love C., but only have 5 syringes left with no funds to buy more. And what's REALLY frustrating is that I just saw that generic C. is now available in Canada.

Maybe I'll go buy a lottery ticket. Heck, I've tried everything else.

sabimax 02-07-2009 05:51 PM

Sorry Tabbi, about the expense of C...surely if ever I am put on something I am wondering what my insurance would cover. that is sooo darn expensive.
sorry no help here, but wanted to say sorry and give you hugsss,sarah

Dejibo 02-07-2009 06:37 PM

I am so sorry this is happening to you. :hug:

NurseNancy 02-07-2009 08:05 PM

i'm so sorry.
that is a terrible expense.
have you tried contacting the chronic disease fund? they may be able to help.
can your neuro offer any suggestions?
they won't negotiate at all?

the bums.

SallyC 02-07-2009 08:12 PM

That stinks, Polly. I am so sorry..:(

I hope you can find help..Good Luck..:hug:

karousel 02-07-2009 08:17 PM

That just sucks. You cannot get assistance yet you cannot afford it. Just not right.

PolarExpress 02-07-2009 10:10 PM

I live near Wisconsin. Are you kidding? I could bring ALL the cheese :D..I'm going thru the financial thing for Ty myself.. When they told me the cost without insurance is around $10,000 a month, it took a while to pick my jaw up off the floor. Of course, they cut a deal with my insurance company, so it's ONLY $6700 a month. Much better..:confused:
I feel your pain! Pass some more whine..

Tabbico 02-08-2009 09:07 AM

Hey Polar,

Maybe we could take that cheese and have a yard sale and raise us some money.....

I didn't think anyone could have a bigger med bill than me, but you win!:eek:

azoyizes 02-08-2009 10:39 AM

Polar, I'm so sorry you're going through such difficulty trying to afford Copaxone. :hug: Have you contacted the Copaxone people? Explain to them that you can't afford the co-pay anymore, it's possible they have a patient's assistance fund.

Don't give up. Also, contact NMSS and explain the problem. Maybe they can come up with something.

It makes me sick every time I hear the cost of the DMD's. It's unbelievable!

Tabbico 02-08-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoyizes (Post 462233)
Polar, I'm so sorry you're going through such difficulty trying to afford Copaxone. :hug: Have you contacted the Copaxone people? Explain to them that you can't afford the co-pay anymore, it's possible they have a patient's assistance fund.

Don't give up. Also, contact NMSS and explain the problem. Maybe they can come up with something.

It makes me sick every time I hear the cost of the DMD's. It's unbelievable!

I've tried Shared Solutions (they have a program that can pay for up to $50 a month for C. - barely a drop in the bucket), NORD, my state insurance folks, everyone I can think of. There are lots of folks that have less than I do who qualify for these types of aid, but I make just enough to be too rich to qualify.

However, since I whined about this on another board, a guardian angel came my way in the person of someone having to go off C. who is sending me what they have left. This is the second time I have gotten help like this. I know we're not supposed to do this (per gov't. regulations and all :eek:) but heck, if it will keep me ambulatory, I don't care.

This is for you, angel -> :hug: