NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   Menopause......Come On Already!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/77146-menopause.html)

Kitty 02-09-2009 08:51 AM

Menopause......Come On Already!!

I feel like I'm the only woman who wants "the change" to hurry up and happen.

I'm 48.....and while that's not old by today's standards I'm not planning on having anymore children so.......let's get on with the process!!! :hissyfit: I'm tired of having this monthly "visitor" invade my space! It's not invited but seems to think it's okay to just keep showing up....sometimes unannounced.....just anytime it pleases. :mad:

Is anyone else just ready to move on to the next stage of life? I've done my time!! Enough already!! Phew......rant over. Is it hot in here to anyone else?? :o

mrsD 02-09-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 462692)
I feel like I'm the only woman who wants "the change" to hurry up and happen.

I'm 48.....and while that's not old by today's standards I'm not planning on having anymore children so.......let's get on with the process!!! :hissyfit: I'm tired of having this monthly "visitor" invade my space! It's not invited but seems to think it's okay to just keep showing up....sometimes unannounced.....just anytime it pleases. :mad:

Is anyone else just ready to move on to the next stage of life? I've done my time!! Enough already!! Phew......rant over. Is it hot in here to anyone else?? :o

Yes, I know how you feel!

I was very liberated by menopause. All the horror stories women share! None of them happened to me. The only problem I had was some insomnia.

After I had been period free, for a year, my doctor ran some hormone tests and decreed...yep it was over. Then I went on vacation, and guess what? My breasts got sore, like old times and then one day... an unwanted visitor came! THAT was my last period!

Also I will warn you.... The GYN I was seeing told me when I was 47 that I wasn't ovulating anymore. So we stopped using protection, and I got pregnant. I lost it at 9 wks. So I would caution women to not believe their doctors, on some things.
The body is still able to FOOL YOU.

DM 02-09-2009 09:34 AM

No regrets here, Kell and mrsD. Sept 28, 2005 was my last cycle and I'd do the ''happy'' dance if I could. :Head-Spin: :Dancing-Chilli: :yahoo: It's now a date ingrained in my leeetle brain. Do I miss it???

NEVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very sporadic w/it for about 2 yrs prior to quitting and then it was gone. POOF! I was like Goodbye, and don't let the door hit ya on the way out! :OuttaHere: Let's see, I was 50 when it officially happened, but late 40's when it slowed down to a few times a yr.

I'm not sure if menopause has caused more sleep interruption or not, as I had problems before that.

Kitty 02-09-2009 09:54 AM

I don't sleep that well anyway so I'm not sure I'd even notice the interruptions. I'd gladly give up a few hours of sleep if it'd just go away!!!

DM 02-09-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 462720)
I don't sleep that well anyway so I'm not sure I'd even notice the interruptions. I'd gladly give up a few hours of sleep if it'd just go away!!!

We COULD brew up a potion for you to wear around your neck, Kell! Are you partial to garlic or bee's knees??? I'm sure I read that somewhere. :D

Kitty 02-09-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DM (Post 462728)
We COULD brew up a potion for you to wear around your neck, Kell! Are you partial to garlic or bee's knees??? I'm sure I read that somewhere. :D

At this point I'm willin' to try just about anything! :p

Curious 02-09-2009 10:53 AM

I wish.

A few years ago when I had all my hormones checked. My dr was like, good news, you won't need any hormones until you are about 60. :thud:

I think I'll take stock out in those monthly supply companies. :rolleyes:

What a pain. Yep, I have 2 sets of bra's. One thing I never have needed is bigger boobs! :eek: What really sucks is that Lil'Monkey and I start on the same day or 1 day off. SHE gets moody. :p

LavandulaCanadensis 02-09-2009 11:08 AM

i've experienced all the monthly horrors from 10yo till 45yo... incl. 2 days in bed with horrid migraines and vomiting, plus the excruciating abdominal pain for 7 days... :mad: more than enough! however, i know i was not the only one... :rolleyes: i never had any pregnancy...

i'm GLAD the bloody visitor doesn't come anymore... at 45, it started to skip a month now and then... for about 3 years, it happened once or twice a year, then, NO MORE for the last 2 years... :D

during all these years, nothing helped to alleviate my symptoms except for the last few years, i've been using some plants mother tinctures (shepherd's purse and black cohosh) under a naturopath's supervision... however, i still get the emotional and the abdominal pain approx. every 2-3 months... now, i'll take one of the 2 plants (depending on my main symptoms) only when needed... i'm 52 :(

garlic is certainly good to keep many things away... but i'm not sure about the monthly visitor ? i'v always been eating LOTS of garlic, and LOTS of onions too... :D

good luck!

watsonsh 02-09-2009 11:52 AM

I wish. Sign me up for menopause!

SandyC 02-12-2009 04:56 PM

I was lucky and had a hysterectomy at the ripe age of 30. I had my period from the age of 11 and the last ten years before surgery I had my period every month, all month. No kidding, it was brutal! After years of male gyno's telling me I want to have more children :rolleyes: I found a precious woman doctor who said no one should have to have a period so much. We discussed every option, which I had tried and I had the surgery. I think every woman should be allowed to have one when they are done having babies or what not. :D

So, basically I went through a partial menopause because my body was in shock since I still had my ovaries. Now the second half of menopause isn't so bad. It's like I am in denial because the docs say I am in menopause but the pessimistic part of me says "Honey, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!" My hot flashes are nothing compared to what some women tell. I get the night sweats, cold sweats thing but not as bad as some. The one thing that is bad is the moodiness. I can go from smiling to moody in ten seconds flat! lol Thank God for Zanax. That's what Jim says. haha