NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Stupid Cog Moment (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/77608-stupid-cog-moment.html)

yeahbut 02-12-2009 06:49 AM

Stupid Cog Moment

Today is my DD 21st birthday - DBF & I went to pick her up at 11:30 last night to take her out for a drink at the bar. At midnight her & I go to the bar and each order a drink. We wait for our drinks and I pay for them. I turn to toast her Happy Birthday and instead of saying Happy 21st I say Happy 25th. :o

She gives me the "gee mum your so stupid" look that kids have. I was so mad at myself - I know how old she is - I was there! :mad: I told her I was sorry, gave her a hug and tried to shake it off. But, since I am here posting I guess it still bothers me! :o

Curious 02-12-2009 08:14 AM

Do the same thing for the next 10 years. Turn it into a family joke.

Hubby and I got married on my 36th birthday. We had 2 cakes. But we didn't really celebrate it.

It took until my oldest daughter turned 21 for any of us to realize that I never went up in age that year. :D

I was like...no way...you can't be 21! hehehehe

So now...I stay at 36. :p again...and again...:p

Twinkletoes 02-12-2009 08:29 AM

Awww, don't sweat it, sweetie. At least you remembered her birthday! And WE know you knew she was 21, not 25.

Maybe next year you could toast to her 26th b-day? :)

And, BTW, you look much too young to have a 21 yo daughter, anyway! :hug:

DM 02-12-2009 08:31 AM

Hey YB! I remember my 30th birthday so well~ the loss of my 20's and now I have kid's in their 30's!!! I must have a lil cog fog too; did I have those kid's when I was 13??

Don't let it bother you; it was just a slip of the tongue or just chalk it up to being up late! I agree w/the monkey~ she'll remember it and laugh in the yrs to come.

Smile~ we love ya!

Kitty 02-12-2009 08:49 AM

You'll have to remember to tell her "Happy 21st" on her 25th birthday now! :D

AfterMyNap 02-12-2009 08:50 AM

Silly Lambchop, she has already forgotten it. The yappy one is right on the money, there is just a ton of great mileage available out of this one!

Just call her up and tell her you're constipated. ;)

ewizabeth 02-12-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 464582)

Maybe next year you could toast to her 26th b-day? :)

And, BTW, you look much too young to have a 21 yo daughter, anyway! :hug:

I agree with Twinks. Make her four years older at each birthday. :)

Don't sweat it though sweetie. That's just a normal brain blip that we all have from time to time. :hug:

Riverwild 02-12-2009 01:05 PM

I agree with everyone else!

Use it as a haha every year from now on!

You know when she was born and she knows that. Fugeddaboutit! :)

SandyC 02-12-2009 01:25 PM

Awww, don't sweat it. I think turning the slip into something funny is a great idea and one she'll treasure and do with her child someday. :hug: