NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Home & Garden Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/home-and-garden-talk/)
-   -   Any cactus fans here ? (https://www.neurotalk.org/home-and-garden-talk/77720-cactus-fans.html)

BlueMajo 02-13-2009 05:31 AM

Any cactus fans here ?

I have plenty. Used to have hundreds, but many died... :rolleyes: I guess im not good at all with plants.... :p

Love them !

AZjanie 02-13-2009 03:06 PM

Hola Blue!!
Visit my profile and I have posted pics of my cacti in bloom. I don't have too many but keep adding a few now and then.

I have a beautiful vase of different cacti my neighbor gave me after I loaned her my wheelchair (which I don't need right now) and there are six different varieties! :D

I love cactus because I OVERWATER and KILL every plant but cactus because I don't water them; I just wait till it rains! :cool:

Abbie 02-13-2009 03:30 PM

I love cactus!!

Just something about them... I don't know.... could be due to the fact that we don't see many here... usually just the really teeny tiny ones but I end up killing those some how....

BlueMajo 02-13-2009 04:41 PM

Oh AZJanie !!! You have really pretty ones !!!! :)
I will try to post pics in my profile soon, with some of my cacti. Love them !

LOL Abasaki, those really tiny ones... oops... I have killed thousands !! :( Feel sorry for them... I burnt some with excessive sun light, and gave excessive water to others... :rolleyes: But oh well, I learned they just like light and wind :D

And when they have flowers.... oh boy !

braingonebad 02-19-2009 08:41 AM

Az's are awesome! I have a prickly pear out in the garden that bloomed last year and I was so proud, lol.

In the house I have about 6 or so, one of them is about 30 yrs old - a donkey's tail. We joke that it gets watered 3 times a year, whether it needs it or not.

I guess I do okay with them.

GmaSue 02-20-2009 02:47 AM

oh, I love donkey tails. I should see if I can find another one. I haven't had one for a long time-but they are so cool. How long is yours?

KarenMarie 03-02-2009 01:53 PM

love cactus and succulents - I can go away and leave them and they just keep going - bloom almost every spring - got on to cactus after I had a greenhouse window installed and in the winter it got too cold for most of the plants I had put in it - cactus can take extreme temps - like mammillarias best - flower the most -

braingonebad 03-15-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GmaSue (Post 468609)
oh, I love donkey tails. I should see if I can find another one. I haven't had one for a long time-but they are so cool. How long is yours?

It's only about 10" maybe 1'. It was longer when it was younger lol (so was I <sigh>).

I wonder how you get a *start* off those? hmmm...