NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   talk about irony (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/77870-talk-irony.html)

legzzalot 02-14-2009 07:10 PM

talk about irony

So I was having the BEST vday ever. I got my new bed, we went gun shopping (bought a beretta 9 mil)! Went shopping and bought new bed stuff to put on my new bed set it all up, it's so nice!

My daughter comes home from her dads and i give her her presents. We are having a great day.......

And the hamster dies. I bought him 3 yrs ago today for DD for Vday. And now I have to tell her. SUCKS!

karousel 02-14-2009 07:46 PM

Oh, how sad. It's terrible how short their little lives are. We have a "hamster cemetery" in the back of the yard under one of the pine trees. Did you tell your daughter yet? How did she take it? :(

sabimax 02-14-2009 07:58 PM

ahhhhhhhh sorry! hugsss,sarah

ali12 02-15-2009 07:42 AM

Awww, so sorry to hear that:hug:! It's always hard losing a pet - I have had LOTS of hamsters and even though they are just small animals, they mean a lot to me and I always cry when they die (even though I am 14 lol)!!

I hope your daughter takes it well and that she wont be too upset. I like the idea about a "Hamster Cemetery", we did that to some of my hamsters when they passed away when I was younger and it's comforting knowing that they are still there. Maybe tell her about Rainbow Bridge also ... that helped me cope when we lost our 14 year old springer spaniel.

Thinking about you and hope your Daughter is OK!

FinLady 02-15-2009 10:01 AM

Awww. Sorry to hear about the hamster. :hug::hug:

Dejibo 02-16-2009 08:59 AM

it seems that when son was growing up, he was forever going through hampsters! those dang things are quite fragile, and dont live very long.

Good choice on the Beretta! I love mine! I have a small hand so the grip is nice for a woman's hand. snuggles right in there without having to stretch to grab that trigger. way to go!

Twinkletoes 02-16-2009 10:09 AM

Coulda been worse...

The rabbit could have died. :D Sorry, couldn't help myself!

msarkie 02-18-2009 11:28 AM

How do you like your Beretta? I've started looking for a handgun to use for protecting my kids from mean dogs. We have some pit bulls who run loose around here, and if they go after my kids I won't fool around with BBs! I have trouble with my left hand, so pulling back the slide on an automatic can be a problem.

legzzalot 02-18-2009 12:36 PM

It's great. i love it. But if you are having problems working a slide especially if you are in a tough situation, you might want to consider a revolver. My mom has a cute little snubnose that I like because it is one hand operational. The only downfall is it holds less bullets.

PolarExpress 02-20-2009 11:23 PM

I'm sure your daughter will be sad about the hamster, but unless you shot it with your new gun you're pretty much guilt free. You..didn't..shoot it with your new gun, did you? Anyway..We've gone thru the pet funerals here, too. Even burials at sea (flushing goldfish). I cry right along with 'em. Told my dog he's gonna have to outlive me..Good luck!:hug: