NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Prayers Needed for DD & Friends (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/77976-prayers-dd-friends.html)

yeahbut 02-16-2009 09:06 AM

Prayers Needed for DD & Friends

On my way back yesterday from my trip I check my cell phone in Chicago to find a text message from DD#2 (who is a senior in HS) that a dear friend of hers passed away yesterday morning from Alcohol Poisoning.

Dylan graduated last year but we come from a small community where everyone knows everyone! He was her boyfriend's best friend. DD went to her Freshman Prom with him

Dylan was 19 years old, going to college to be an Engineer in an Engineer Program that only takes 50 students each year. DD said "Mum, he was so book smart, 3rd in his Engineer class but no common sense."

She thanked me over and over for teaching her the importance of drinking and said it could of been so easily been her.

I don't know the particulars of the whole situation yet but I know the family and friends of Dylan are going to need prays of support to get through this.

I told DD last night that I pray that this send a message to the other boys who were with Dylan about the importance of drinking - she said she felt it already had.

turtle_78 02-16-2009 09:16 AM

I will keep her and his family in my thoughts and prayers

ali12 02-16-2009 09:18 AM

I am so sorry to hear about this and will definitely keep your DD, her boyfriend and the boys friends and family in my thoughts and prayers ((hugs))! What a terrible tradgedy!

I'm so glad you have taught your children about the dangers of alcohol - you're a great mum! My mum taught me about the affects of alcohol also as a lot of younger age children from my school are going out and getting drunk all the time!

I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything, I am here for you! Take care of yourself and please keep us posted when you hear anything! Take care!!

Kitty 02-16-2009 09:43 AM

How tragic! :( I will definitely keep everyone in my prayers.

soxmom 02-16-2009 09:55 AM

Im so sorry Char.:(:hug: I have a 19 year old son who is at college.
I worry about this.:( :hug::hug:

Twinkletoes 02-16-2009 10:07 AM

Wow, that's sobering. :( That poor family. Will keep them in my prayers.

Taffy 02-16-2009 11:30 AM

That's sad. I will be keeping all in my prayers.

SallyC 02-16-2009 01:16 PM

I'm so sorry for DD's and her friends loss.:(

His dear family and all can count on my prayers.:hug:

DM 02-16-2009 01:46 PM

I just hate to hear things like this; so senseless and scary. I will pray for your DD, her friend's and this poor young man's family and hope they can get through this tragedy. So sad indeed.

azoyizes 02-16-2009 02:24 PM

I am so very sorry. I will keep your dear daughter and Dylan in my thoughts and prayers. What a tragic mistake. How very sad it is when something like this happens. :hug: