NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Tunnel Epidural Catheter Experience? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/78609-tunnel-epidural-catheter-experience.html)

ams0310 02-22-2009 11:17 PM

Tunnel Epidural Catheter Experience?

Hello all,

Anyone have experience with a tunneled epidural catheter that they could share with me?

This is going to be the next step in treatment for me.

I will be having it done at The Cleveland Clinic.

Was relief instant?
How long were you in the hospital?
How long did you have it in for?
Any other advice would be awesome as I am so nervous.

I have been reading all of the posts and love the wealth of info I have gotten here. Unfort. this wealth of info has come at such a great price. I get so sad reading some of the posts.

Thanks so much for your input!

Awna

daniella 02-23-2009 08:22 AM

Hi. I did not end up doing the TTC but also was suggested it by Cleveland Clinic. I saw Dr Stanton Hicks and Dr Mckale. I have a friend who did the TTC but ended up getting a SCS. I have mixed feelings on this and have gotten a lot of opinions from a few PM doctors. If you want you can email me. Just remember everyone is different and what works for one may not for another. For myself they had told me I would be in the hospital for like 2 or 3 days to regulate the meds and then have it for around 6 weeks to do extreme pt twice a day.

firegirl 02-26-2009 02:30 PM

I had one for a few weeks. I think the med in the pump was Ropivocaine???? I could not shower while I had it. I had to have my hair washed in the sink & could only take a bath in about an inch of water. The med they put in mine was horrible. It was supposed to numb my entire arm. Well........it just added a horrible tingling pain to the RSD pain. My doc couldnt understand why I didnt like it. We changed the dosages many times, but could not get it right. THe docs' hope was that if this worked he would put in a permanent pump. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Mslday 02-26-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegirl (Post 471670)
I had one for a few weeks. I think the med in the pump was Ropivocaine???? I could not shower while I had it. I had to have my hair washed in the sink & could only take a bath in about an inch of water. The med they put in mine was horrible. It was supposed to numb my entire arm. Well........it just added a horrible tingling pain to the RSD pain. My doc couldnt understand why I didnt like it. We changed the dosages many times, but could not get it right. THe docs' hope was that if this worked he would put in a permanent pump. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Is this the same thing that I had done in Germany? There they called it a continuous peridural anaesthetic, the catheter was placed in my spine for my left leg. I had it for a week, I couldn't shower either. They used buviocoaine and an opiate for me, had to adjust dosage up then hold. Where did they place the catheter for your arm? How are you feeling now?

MsL