NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Tourette Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/tourette-syndrome/)
-   -   TS??????? 8yr old (https://www.neurotalk.org/tourette-syndrome/78944-ts-8yr.html)

kahmax 02-25-2009 05:10 PM

TS??????? 8yr old

My 8 yrs old sons has all the signs for TS. If we trace back all the things we thought were silly habits,it would be about 2 years now. 2 weeks ago when his neck tic was going crazy I realized this is not a habit something else is going on. I started research and am positive it is TS. Dr app isnt until March 11, with nero. His ped said seeing a nero would be best.

My husband and I decided it would not hurt to start a GF diet meanwhile especailly since he has the worst diet in the house. We've already seen big changes in him and its only been a week. He has stopped stuttering and his neck tic is not happening as often (maybe 10 times a day vs 30) that was yesterday.

My questions. did anyone elses child have severe headaches and vomiting?

:confused:

Chemar 02-25-2009 08:43 PM

Hi
I do know someone whose child was gluten intolerant and manifest with tics and other digestive illness as well as the headaches and vomiting

going GF has been a total turnaround and they now know that the child does not have TS but rather has celiac disease

so many other conditions can be misdx as TS when insufficient testing is done by docs who tend to see a tic and dx "tourette syndrome" forllowed by a rx of strong drugs

so glad you decided to check into diet yourself first

my son does have genetic TS but dietary modifications have dramatically helped him

kahmax 02-25-2009 11:47 PM

TS?????

Thanks for your reply. its funny I LOVE my pediatrician but in this issue i dont feel as shes with me. I asked for a blood test for allergies and a cbc and she was eager to do as i asked but doesnt seem to be involved. i feel its all up to me to figure this out.:winky: the nero app is a couple weeks away lets see what happens.

he is stuttering alittle again today.

Jaspar 02-26-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahmax (Post 471276)
My 8 yrs old sons has all the signs for TS. If we trace back all the things we thought were silly habits,it would be about 2 years now. 2 weeks ago when his neck tic was going crazy I realized this is not a habit something else is going on. I started research and am positive it is TS. Dr app isnt until March 11, with nero. His ped said seeing a nero would be best.

My husband and I decided it would not hurt to start a GF diet meanwhile especailly since he has the worst diet in the house. We've already seen big changes in him and its only been a week. He has stopped stuttering and his neck tic is not happening as often (maybe 10 times a day vs 30) that was yesterday.

I know a child diagnosed with Tourettes. She did have severe headaches and vomiting. She had yet another neurological condition - migraines. Look into pediatric migraines and CoQ10 because migraines increase risk for stroke. BTW - she does have a problem with gluten as well. You may want to look at www.enterolab.com and www.greatplainslaboratory.com you might also wish to get him on anti-candidal and probiotics.

Lara 03-03-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kahmax (Post 471276)

Yes, one of mine did.

Do you have a Migraine history in your family?

If you search PubMed for Migraines and Tourette's Syndrome you will find many abstracts.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=PubMed

FeelinGoofy 03-07-2009 11:18 AM

Hi Kahmax..... I was wondering does your son have any vocal tics? It can be anything from constant throat clearing to screaming..... :hug:
vicky

kahmax 03-07-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeelinGoofy (Post 476489)
Hi Kahmax..... I was wondering does your son have any vocal tics? It can be anything from constant throat clearing to screaming..... :hug:
vicky

yes the constant throat clearingg and he stutters.