NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   My doctor's taken a sickie...... (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/79070-doctors-sickie.html)

Koala77 02-27-2009 05:53 AM

My doctor's taken a sickie......

I was supposed to have a minor operation on Monday, but I got a call today saying that my doctor had hurt herself and cannot see me next week.

I feel terrible that she's hurt herself, don't get me wrong, but this sort of thing always happens to me. I'd worked up the courage to go ahead with the procedure but now I have to wait another 2 weeks before I could reschedule.

Why me? :confused:

Do you ever feel like Murphy's Laws were written just for you?

Blessings2You 02-27-2009 07:05 AM

I think it's either because you're tough enough to handle it, while other would become basket cases, or because you're witty enough to make it a good story.

I have a friend like that. Things happen, and the rest of us look at each other and say "That would only happen to Jane."

One day she was hurriedly making breakfast for her family. She put bread in the toaster, pressed down the button, and within a few seconds the toaster started to scream like a banshee, and then a horrible smell filled the room. The kids started to scream, she yanked the plug and threw the toaster outside, wondering if it were going to explode or merely burn down the house. When her husband came in from the barn to his freaked out family, he checked the toaster and found a toasted bat. That would only happen to Jane...or...check your toaster, Anne.

Blessings2You 02-27-2009 07:06 AM

P.S. I hope your doctor recovers uneventfully, and you find even MORE courage in the next two weeks. Perhaps the time wasn't right?

Kitty 02-27-2009 07:47 AM

I look at things like this as "this happened for a reason". Maybe there was some reason you shouldn't have the procedure next week....or maybe there was some reason your doctor shouldn't perform the procedure next week. Whatever the reason - it just wasn't meant to be. At least not next week.

Jodylee 02-27-2009 09:30 AM

I'm sorry your doc is sick and you had to reschedule, Anne :(. I feel like I have that stupid dark cloud hanging over me too sometimes. My family and friends say all of the time 'it could only happen to you'. Here is a silly example, we got new cable television in the middle of December. We have had to have the cable come out 4 times to replace the converter box!! The cable technician said he had never heard of one household getting so many faulty boxes :). I just smiled and said 'you haven't met us yet' :D. Sometimes I believe these things (big and small issues) happen to us because we have great senses of humor and deal with adversity pretty well :D. Dh says I'm a 'tough broad' lol. I'm fortunate just to be able to afford cable tv, right?

AfterMyNap 02-27-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 471981)
I was supposed to have a minor operation on Monday, but I got a call today saying that my doctor had hurt herself and cannot see me next week.

I feel terrible that she's hurt herself, don't get me wrong, but this sort of thing always happens to me. I'd worked up the courage to go ahead with the procedure but now I have to wait another 2 weeks before I could reschedule.

Why me? :confused:

Do you ever feel like Murphy's Laws were written just for you?

LOL, Anne, I see the exact opposite, to me it didn't happen to you at all and I'm just glad it didn't happen to you! ;)

SallyC 02-27-2009 12:18 PM

Sheesh, Anne. Let's hope when that day comes around, it's a lucky day for both of you. Hey, maybe St Patricks Day??:D :hug:

I've been a lifelong receipient of Murphy's law myself..:rolleyes::p

yeahbut 02-27-2009 01:19 PM

I am another one of those people who think there must be a reason behind it. :confused: you may never know the reason but there must be one some where!

:hug:

NurseNancy 02-27-2009 03:42 PM

maybe your dr will do a better job after she feels better.
good luck with your visit.

DM 02-27-2009 04:39 PM

I loved the way Judy put it, dear Anne. And, I know that when you have the procedure done, you will dig deep and find the courage again. You have been through so much; you will get through this next one, too.

You also have your DH by your side to help get you over those hurdles. Keep us posted on when your'e rescheduled and hope you won't have to wait much longer.

:hug::hug::hug: to you, my friend.