NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   New Beginnings/New family and Friends (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/791-beginnings-family-friends.html)

janster 09-13-2006 09:05 PM

New Beginnings/New family and Friends

YAY! We're home! I hope the rest of us find their way here!

Welcome to old friends and new! I don't know some of you, but I have lurked and read your posts. I LOVE your sense(s) of humor(s). That sounded stupid, but I think you know what I mean.

There are a few of us from the old board who adopted each other and cheered each other on to lose weight and exercise together. That's why the references to the cheerleaders. Everyone is a cheerleader. Just email me a pic, and you're in! We cheer each other on to success! We also do "virtual walks" together. Everyone is welcome to join in. I have to fess up. Since BT has been down, I haven't been walking. BAD JAN, BAD!! I need you guys to motivate me....

I hope we get tons of people on here so we can all help each other. Things aren't so bad when done together. I loved the suggestion someone had about the applesauce in the brownie mix. I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe it was in the other thread. I'll hafta go look. That would make a great thread, wouldn't it? Low fat recipes, or recipe substitutions.

Actually we're just a bunch of goofs, screwing around, having fun while working toward a common goal. That would be awesome to have a bunch of new faces to adopt(join) us!

I look forward to meeting a lot of new people so we all can share ideas, stories, recipes, and whatever!

Thanks DocJohn for the forum!! You are a Godsend!!
Hugs,
Jan--alias HC
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g/cheerpig.gif

slogo 09-14-2006 01:07 AM

We also have some people on here...well maybe it is only one person on here, that likes to steal frogs! Now who could that be? :D

janster 09-14-2006 08:30 AM

Mystery to me........ :confused:

Hugs,
HC

slogo 09-14-2006 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is by far the finest frog ever! I love it! Maybe I will play with my little frog friend and NOT eat something I shouldn't today. Ribbitttttttttttttttt! GC

ConsiderThis 09-15-2006 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janster (Post 5892)
Mystery to me........ :confused:

Hugs,
HC

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slogo 09-15-2006 05:20 PM

Hee, hee, hee, you might love it, considerthis, but I STOLE IT! LOL Stole the pig too! GC

ConsiderThis 09-15-2006 05:34 PM

Our all girls Catholic high school was across the street from a convent...
and the sweetest grapes I have EVER tasted were the ones we'd get of a fall night from the convent vineyards....

Or maybe it was apples.

I just remember us all sneaking in and getting the off limits treasure.
And I remember us sitting in whoever's car and talking and laughing and eating the plundered fruit. :D

KTM5665 09-15-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janster (Post 5765)
YAY! We're home! I hope the rest of us find their way here!

Welcome to old friends and new! I don't know some of you, but I have lurked and read your posts. I LOVE your sense(s) of humor(s). That sounded stupid, but I think you know what I mean.

There are a few of us from the old board who adopted each other and cheered each other on to lose weight and exercise together. That's why the references to the cheerleaders. Everyone is a cheerleader. Just email me a pic, and you're in! We cheer each other on to success! We also do "virtual walks" together. Everyone is welcome to join in. I have to fess up. Since BT has been down, I haven't been walking. BAD JAN, BAD!! I need you guys to motivate me....

I hope we get tons of people on here so we can all help each other. Things aren't so bad when done together. I loved the suggestion someone had about the applesauce in the brownie mix. I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe it was in the other thread. I'll hafta go look. That would make a great thread, wouldn't it? Low fat recipes, or recipe substitutions.

Actually we're just a bunch of goofs, screwing around, having fun while working toward a common goal. That would be awesome to have a bunch of new faces to adopt(join) us!

I look forward to meeting a lot of new people so we all can share ideas, stories, recipes, and whatever!

Thanks DocJohn for the forum!! You are a Godsend!!
Hugs,
Jan--alias HC
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...g/cheerpig.gif

I feel quite at home! I'm Alicia...mom to four kids with mitochondrial encephlomyopathy, as well as myself having the adult onset, and epilepsy.

Other then that,m Im a typical, fun person who needs to eat better! Lose some weight...and be around a group of positive people! Looming forward to getting to know many of you!

ConsiderThis 09-15-2006 06:46 PM

Nice to meet you, KTM :)

Welcome!

janster 09-15-2006 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConsiderThis (Post 6563)
Our all girls Catholic high school was across the street from a convent...
and the sweetest grapes I have EVER tasted were the ones we'd get of a fall night from the convent vineyards....

Or maybe it was apples.

I just remember us all sneaking in and getting the off limits treasure.
And I remember us sitting in whoever's car and talking and laughing and eating the plundered fruit. :D

What kids THOUGHT they were getting away with...... :D

SISTER MARY MARGARET FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! Back away from the tray and we won't bring this up to the BIG GUY upstairs! They're only children, and we have more grapes!!

Hey, I couldn't resist!!! hehehe
Hugs,
HC