NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Dentistry & Dental Issues (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/)
-   -   white lump on gum hole after extraction (https://www.neurotalk.org/dentistry-and-dental-issues/79542-white-lump-gum-hole-extraction.html)

donna_quimpo 03-02-2009 02:01 PM

white lump on gum hole after extraction

Hi! I am 29 yrs old. Just had extraction approximately three weeks ago of canine root canalled tooth. Now, I am very worried because there is a hard white lump growing in the middle of the gum hole (site where tooth was extracted). This appeared a week after tooth extraction, i thought this was just normal, but I noticed that it's growing bigger. It doesn't hurt and the wound surrounding the white lump is healing well. i was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing coz I am a bit of a hypochondriac and I am freaking out...

Thanks!

Bryanna 03-02-2009 06:53 PM

Hi donna,

By any chance were you told that you may have an unerupted extra tooth?
I think it's a good idea to see your dentist to find out what that white lump is. It could just be the bony area filling in the socket, but having it checked would be wise.

Please let us know what he says!

Bryanna

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna_quimpo (Post 473648)
Hi! I am 29 yrs old. Just had extraction approximately three weeks ago of canine root canalled tooth. Now, I am very worried because there is a hard white lump growing in the middle of the gum hole (site where tooth was extracted). This appeared a week after tooth extraction, i thought this was just normal, but I noticed that it's growing bigger. It doesn't hurt and the wound surrounding the white lump is healing well. i was just wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing coz I am a bit of a hypochondriac and I am freaking out...

Thanks!

donna_quimpo 03-04-2009 06:15 AM

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your reply...

I have booked an appointment with my dentist for this coming Friday. I've told him about the lump, but he does not seem to be worried as it does not hurt. He says most likely it is just a skin that hardened and that it's just normal. I am highly doubtful though as I have had a number of teeth extractions already and have never experienced this before. He advised me to brush it (the lump) with my toothbrush... which I have been doing and for some strange reason, it seems to be working coz it's getting smaller.

Anyway, I'll let you know what the dentist tells me this Friday once he sees it...

Thanks, again!

Donna

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanna (Post 473764)
Hi donna,

By any chance were you told that you may have an unerupted extra tooth?
I think it's a good idea to see your dentist to find out what that white lump is. It could just be the bony area filling in the socket, but having it checked would be wise.

Please let us know what he says!

Bryanna