NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   I get dizzy when looking up! (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/79546-dizzy-looking.html)

Brachial6 03-02-2009 02:47 PM

I get dizzy when looking up!

I have had Thoracic Outlet Syndrome for many year and recently noticed I get dizzy when I look up! I made an appointment with my physician for Wednesday and left a message with my pain medicine physician. Maybe it has to do with my ears and not the TOS but I get upset when it happens that it might be something more serious. Just let me know if any of you have had this before? I really enjoy this forum. Thanks, Jackie

Brachial6 03-02-2009 04:32 PM

I'm going to my ear physician this afternoon, hopefully it is not related to my TOS - I have been a chronic pain patient for many years. The pain was only made worse by a surgery at my left clavicle when I got a staph infection from the operating room, followed by a surgery to irrigate the infection out. Jackie

Jomar 03-02-2009 06:34 PM

I had a lot of dizziness at times. Some was from the vertebral artery being pinched during the worst time of RSI/TOS injury.
All the muscles in my upper back and neck were very tight and pulling in a uneven way on my c spine. I did have some minor c spine misalignments but I don't know if that was due to the spasms or if it was that way first and got worse with the injury..
the old what came first -the chicken or the egg thing...

If it is only when you look up it could be a c spine issue.. have you had any x ray or MRI recently to check for that?

Brachial6 03-02-2009 08:58 PM

My ear doctor removed wax from my left ear and said I have an inner ear infection! He gave me antivert and it should clear up in about 2 weeks. He said it doesn't have anything to do with my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome! I'm relieved me knowing the dizziness is caused by an inner ear infection. Thanks, Jackie P.S. Does anyone take Kadian for nerve pain all the time?

thursday 03-03-2009 02:42 AM

Glad to hear your on the mend and that for once TOS wasn'tthe culprit for something!! Nice to meetcha Jackie! :hug:

TraceyW 03-03-2009 03:49 PM

hey jackie,

glad your dizziness is nothing serious! - however, inner ear infections canbe quite long term,my mum has had one since mid last year but the symptoms are becoming milder as the weeks pass.

btw - i have also had some dizziness with my tos - vertigo and shaky vision as well... oh the joys!

chroma 09-03-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TraceyW (Post 474249)
hey jackie,

glad your dizziness is nothing serious! - however, inner ear infections canbe quite long term,my mum has had one since mid last year but the symptoms are becoming milder as the weeks pass.

btw - i have also had some dizziness with my tos - vertigo and shaky vision as well... oh the joys!

Did you ever get your dizziness resolved? Did you get any details on what exactly caused it?