NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   My Oldest Son (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/79689-son.html)

buckwheat 03-03-2009 03:31 PM

My Oldest Son

Hi Folks,

He is really a great guy. He did 2 tours in the gulf, the vaccines are infectious agents from just the little I know.

He is supposed to go into the OR room he has 5 discs bad so they say. They say at the least 2 needs to be done. He has never ever had a serious injury.

Let's not forget RSD was first DX from the war. Yes I am very worried, he is going to come out with the RSD type 2 DX as well.

I hope some of you will at least pray for him.

Much Love, Roz

used to be 03-03-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckwheat (Post 474240)
Hi Folks,

He is really a great guy. He did 2 tours in the gulf, the vaccines are infectious agents from just the little I know.

He is supposed to go into the OR room he has 5 discs bad so they say. They say at the least 2 needs to be done. He has never ever had a serious injury.

Let's not forget RSD was first DX from the war. Yes I am very worried, he is going to come out with the RSD type 2 DX as well.

Much Love, Roz

Hi Roz, He sounds like a great son. I hope all goes well with his surgery and he'll be up and about and in good health soon. Also, thanks for all the research and advice you give to us on RSD. Your knowledge and willingness to share with others is appreciated....Jeannie

Curious 03-03-2009 03:50 PM

Of course Roz. I bet you are very worried. :hug: My prayers are going up for him and your family.

buckwheat 03-03-2009 04:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am begging him not to go into the OR. He is supposed to go in the first week in March.

He has had to go on SSDI as well, I want him on IV's.

But I know the insurance compainies will not want to pay for it.

Please pray for him.

God Bless, Roz

fmichael 03-03-2009 04:14 PM

You and yours are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Mike

jenno 03-03-2009 04:20 PM

Hi Roz,

You and your son are on my heart and in my prayers. What is his name? I know he is a special young man as he has such a very loving and caring Momma.

Blessings,
Jeanne

Jomar 03-03-2009 04:22 PM

If you consider the statistics - I suppose there are some listed somewhere ... the chance of him getting RSD is probably quite rare.
If it was more common then RSD wouldn't be so unknown to many drs.

But I know as a mom too , we all worry when our kids have to have surgeries.

Is he home near you or still in the service or VA hospital?

Could get his MRIs to someone in your family to look at before the surgery?
Has he had second /third opinions from other MDs yet?

Prayers for your family

DianaA 03-03-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckwheat (Post 474240)
Hi Folks,

Much Love, Roz

Hi Roz,
I certainly understand your concern. My prayers are with you and your son during this time.
Thank your son for the service he has given for me and our country, please. I am truly thankful. My first husband was shot down in Vietnam, he survived, but wages of war are high. So glad to hear he has survived uninjured.
I will pray for the perfect resolve in this situation. I hope that he is close and you can advocate for his medical treatment, if needed. All the best to you both. Di

buckwheat 03-03-2009 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianaA (Post 474270)
Hi Roz,
I certainly understand your concern. My prayers are with you and your son during this time.
Thank your son for the service he has given for me and our country, please. I am truly thankful. My first husband was shot down in Vietnam, he survived, but wages of war are high. So glad to hear he has survived uninjured.
I will pray for the perfect resolve in this situation. I hope that he is close and you can advocate for his medical treatment, if needed. All the best to you both. Di

Dear Di,

I am deeply sorry to hear about your late husband, I really am.

Why is this world with my son have 5 discs. out of place:confused: Their is no way I want him in the OR room. They have him on heavy meds right now. Do you know much about the vaccines? Please PM me if you do.

From the little I read they are infectious.

If he gets DX with Gulf war SX, no civilian MD will be allowed to touch him, not sure about the RSD DX. I don't mean to be neg- but they will loose their license. What kind of rubbish is that:confused:

Yes, God Bless Our Veteran's.
Thanks so much, Roz

allentgamer 03-03-2009 05:26 PM

Hi Roz, you and your son are in our prayers.

Since he has been out of the service for a couple of years I believe you dont have too much to worry about. Unless his back problems stem from his time in the service, he should be ok to see any doctors of his choice.

Most RSD that began in the wars was from bullet wounds and such, and since he didnt get hurt in that way he is clear of any RSD from his tour of duty. That doesnt mean he couldnt develop RSD from a surgery, but we will be praying that doesnt happen.

Love you much, and will be praying :hug: