NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   Why I'm a little loopy at the moment... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/80661-im-little-loopy-moment.html)

Lara 03-10-2009 04:48 AM

Why I'm a little loopy at the moment...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml
AUSTRALIAN BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING CENTRE BRISBANE

I'm not sure if that is a static link or whether it'll change after I've posted it, but I just wanted to show you all what's happening at MY place. LOL

See where it says on the map Tewantin? Then there's red lettering that says See Also ? Well underneath Tewantin and parallel to all the red lettering is a little headland and I live there.

Well, it built up to a Catagory 5 Cyclone (Hurricane) some days ago. It seems like weeks, it wasn't. Then it's slowly but surely come down the Great Barrier Reef and here it is sitting up off the coast making it's mind up whether to go away or turn around and come back. lol

They've downgraded it now to a category 3. Earlier today it was a 4. Now the weather people have decided to tell us 2 things. It'll either go away or it will turn around and come back in. One minute they downgrade the constant warnings and next thing they tell us to prepare for shocking weather the next few days whether it goes or stays.

I don't trust weatherpeople. Sorry weatherpeople, :o but that's just how I feel.

BTW the surf is astounding. The power! The howling at the beach. It's eerie. No beaches left here but they'll build up again I'm sure.

Well, just letting you all know in case I seem a little loopy lately. :) It's been quite an adventure. I just went outside and there's no rain and no gale force winds. Maybe the weatherpeople got it wrong again?!

Koala77 03-10-2009 05:04 AM

Dear Lara, I've been watching the weather forecasts with you in mind.

This morning on the morning news, I watched the winds blowing like crazy at Bundaberg, and that's a town DH and I moved from about 4 years ago. Thank goodness we never got a cyclone while we lived there.

I'm worried about Fraser Island though. That really is copping it from the strong winds, and Fraser Is. is one of my most favourite places in Australia. I would so hate to see it damaged by this cyclone.

If the cyclone continues it's path down the coast as predicted, then you will really have to battern down the hatches and make sure that you're safe. Thinking of you Lara, and really hope that you stay safe. :hug:

Lara 03-10-2009 05:12 AM

Thanks very much. Nearly all the people on Fraser were evacuated. However, on the news just now they showed the conditions and it's really nasty. They talked to a few people who had chosen to stay and they had tiny little babies. I was shocked, but then they may live there and know more than I do about the conditions.

Koala77 03-10-2009 05:23 AM

Makes you wonder why they'd risk their little babies, doesn't it?

jaded2nite 03-10-2009 05:36 AM

Be safe!! It never ceases to amaze me when people decide to stay during these extreme weather events.

Living in Florida I see it all the time with hurricanes.

Be safe Lara.

Lara 03-10-2009 07:33 AM

Thankyou. OK here. I'll probably have a huge apology to the "weatherpeople" in the next few days for not trusting them...

I hope.

Nik-key 03-10-2009 08:25 AM

Keeping you in my thoughts ((Lara))

Lara 03-10-2009 08:29 AM

Thank you so much. (((Nik-key)))

Chemar 03-10-2009 08:34 AM

(((((((((((((Lara)))))))))))))))

I sure know how you are feeling having lived on the florida peninsula almost 20 years now

the worst is when those storms are out there, real close, with uncertainty of their direction

praying for it to change and hopefully head back out to sea or to weaken substantially:hug:

Alffe 03-10-2009 08:48 AM

Ok, you have all convinced me...I'm going to stop complaining about the snow. :o Although it had better all be gone from Indiana when we fly back there today! *grin

Be safe. :grouphug: