NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   IVSM Psychosis! Long ranting vent (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/81164-ivsm-psychosis-ranting-vent.html)

legzzalot 03-14-2009 01:27 PM

IVSM Psychosis! Long ranting vent

So i went ballastic on my fiance last night. After being up since 2:30 yesterday morning he wasn't in the mood to drive me 50 miles to the Fire Dept so I can have a real medic change my stupid IV site out of the top of my hand. So i got dressed and proceeded to get ready to drive myself after cursing him and hanging up on him. Fortunately he made it home in time to stop me before I left.

Then we get there and stupid me I forgot to bring Saline. So we ended up not being able to move the IV.

And it is after 2:30 in the afternoon and the man is still asleep. Here is my problem. I have about 8 inches of air in the IV line. And the catheter is clogged where it connects to the tube going into my hand. Because it is in my hand I cannot unscrew the thing and insert a fresh line. I need one hand to hold the IV in while I unscrew the cath with the other hand.

The nurse seems to think allowing the 8 inches of air into my hand would not be bad....meaning she is too lazy to come in on her day off and fix her screw up! Now I know if I wait any longer to do the stupid IV I will never fall asleep before 3 AM.

I am ready to go on a rampage and throw the man out of bed to make him come help. And I know it's the IVSM and not me. I am frustrated that I am missing the FD fundraiser (I normally volunteer for all of them) and I missing a baby shower today because I am stuck in my house about to be tied to the IV Pole again!

Thanks i just needed to vent.

legzzalot 03-14-2009 04:23 PM

update:

We managed to gt the cath changed out without incident....then i made it halfway through the iv before the vein blewand my whole hand filled up with IVSM.

AWESOME!!

Now I am waiting on the nurse to come out and restick me. Yes the same nurse who didn't want to come out this morning when I called. And can you believe she wants me to leave the line in until she gets here?

I never imagined this would be my life at 28. I am hating life right now.

NurseNancy 03-16-2009 07:15 PM

oh legz, i'm so sorry for all these bumps in the road.

i hope things begin to go more smoothly for you.

in the meantime...:hug:

Dejibo 03-17-2009 07:49 AM

Blown IVs HURT! :mad:

I am sorry your nurse is being such a ....PIA. I hope you express to her how unfair it is that she has not only kept you waiting, but her lack of attention has caused you to seek other remedies, and that is frustrating. If she isnt able/willing to take better care of you, please pass you along to anther nurse.

I want to hug you! :hug: I have been in your shoes, and it SUCKS!