NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Montel on oprah tomorrow, tues (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/81401-montel-oprah-tomorrow-tues.html)

NurseNancy 03-16-2009 07:17 PM

Montel on oprah tomorrow, tues

it's a Dr. Oz show and she's having guests on that i think have had some bad dx in life.

one i remember is scot hamiliton.

evidently montel has a lot of pain so i'm interested to see him.

PolarExpress 03-16-2009 09:43 PM

Yep..I saw the promo for it this afternoon. They'll have the actress that played "The Nanny", too (yeah, can't remember her name, though it's right on the tip of my brain.)..and Magic Johnson (can't remember his real name either :o). It's a show about how they've coped with life altering diagnosis.. Should be good. Hope I remember to watch it.:rolleyes:

Desinie 03-16-2009 11:58 PM

Finally, Oprah has Montel on! She should have done a show like this long ago , but then again Montel had his own show to talk about it on. I know it might sound greedy , but I wish she had a whole show on about MS! :)

Twinkletoes 03-17-2009 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 482194)
Yep..I saw the promo for it this afternoon. They'll have the actress that played "The Nanny", too (yeah, can't remember her name, though it's right on the tip of my brain.)..and Magic Johnson (can't remember his real name either :o). It's a show about how they've coped with life altering diagnosis.. Should be good. Hope I remember to watch it.:rolleyes:

Polar, isn't Nanny Fran Drescher (sp)? DH says Magic Johnson is actually Ervin Johnson. Kinda loses its magic, doesn't it? :D

NurseNancy, I've got it set to record. Thanks for the heads-up!

Desinie, I'm with you, lol! *hangs head*

SallyC 03-17-2009 01:13 PM

I have to remember to watch it...it's on at 5:00pm here.

Yes twink, on the Magic thingy....sorta like OJ Simpson really being Oranthal James..:rolleyes::D

MooseasaurusRex 03-17-2009 03:53 PM

I don't watch Oprah, but I saw a Montel episode shortly after he was busted for pot. On his show, he was up front about it and MS and said that he had tried many, many things for pain. His doc put him on marijuana and it did the trick without a lot of side effects he had to go through with pills.

I think he only lights up twice a day.

*This was 3 years ago or so.

Dejibo 03-17-2009 06:34 PM

I thought he was much more honest about the course of his disease than he has been in the past. He really brought to light how hard it can be to live with this disease. He cried a lot. He spoke of his suicidal thoughts, and how the interferons make him so depressed. I was proud of him!

Alffe 03-17-2009 07:27 PM

I watched it too and he brought me to tears. We lost a niece to MS and so many memories came rushing back...the "hug" he spoke about and the awful effects of the heat. I wish the whole program had been about MS.

I am so hopeful that reversing the stem cell research decisions will bring new hope to so many godawful diseases. ~sigh....some day.

diaba 03-17-2009 09:12 PM

Darn, I missed it! Is it possible to watch episodes on her website?

Diana

Kitty 03-17-2009 11:52 PM

I missed it. I did go to Oprah's website and read about Montel's interview, though. I'm glad he spoke about how heat affects us. I don't think people realize it's more than just not liking high temps.....it's a debilitating symptom.