NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   prayers for my dad please (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/81542-prayers-dad-please.html)

sabimax 03-17-2009 08:32 PM

prayers for my dad please

hey all, I am over my parents house. All is ok, but dad did his second round of chemo today, and now has a fever at first 100.4. since the dr info says if any fever of 100.5 develops..and my dad is normal at 96 we felt we should call.

so the dr on call at ER, said to give him tylenol and check him hourly, and if up more or not down to take him to ER. Well after 45 min on the tylenol he is now 101.7.

we are checking it in few minutes when hits one hour, but most likely taking him in to ER...he may just have gotten a bug. But anyhow..just feeling blahhh for him as he looks so weak and tired...and having the cognitive stuff has kciked in too from his chemo...

gotta run thanks for the prayers, sarah

ewizabeth 03-17-2009 08:41 PM

Sending prayers up for your Dad Sarah, and also you and your family. :hug:

lady_express_44 03-17-2009 08:54 PM

Prayers for your dad, Sarah, and big hugs to you. :hug:

My daughter also has a low normal temp of just over 96, and she gets very, very sick by 101. Before I realized this I was not too concerned until she hit 103, and by then she was severely dehydrated and had to spend 4 days in the hospital. It doesn't take long either!!!

In order to avoid 101, I have to treat her at just over 99. She usually continues to escalate to 101 over the next hour, then it normally drops off. In her case, however, if she isn't still going up after 45 min (I check very regularly), I will add on two Advil as they can be combined. Talk to the pharmacy about that ...

You will likely need to keep a close eye on him every 4 hours too.

Hope he is feeling better soon.

Cherie

watsonsh 03-17-2009 09:00 PM

sending up prayers :hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 03-17-2009 10:30 PM

Prayers for your dad Sarah. Keep us posted as you can. :hug:

Koala77 03-17-2009 11:19 PM

You've got them Sarah. :smileypray:

I lost both my parents to cancer so I have some idea about what you're going through. I hope your dad gets through this treatmnet without too many side effects. Sending you some love because I think you too will be needing it dear Sarah. :hug:

Thumper2 03-18-2009 05:01 AM

Prayers for your dad Sarah and lots of :grouphug:

ali12 03-18-2009 05:09 AM

Oh, i'm so sorry to hear about your father being ill at the moment:hug:! I really hope he starts feeling better real soon and I am definitely keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Please keep us all updated when you can and take good care of yourself, Sarah!:hug:

Kitty 03-18-2009 06:37 AM

Prayers for your Dad and your family, Sarah. I hope this is just a minor bump in the road and he's feeling better now. :hug:

FinLady 03-18-2009 07:20 AM

Prayers going up. :hug: