NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   What Does Survival Look Like? (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/81614-survival-look.html)

Alffe 03-18-2009 08:58 AM

What Does Survival Look Like?

"Survival is not moving on and forgetting about your loved one, as if to put all that you've experienced behind you forever, for you couldn't do that even if you tried. What has happened is now a part of who you are, not just part of your experience. C.S.Lewis once wrote about how we carry forward memories of our loved ones in our minds, which are a part of our soul that lives on into eternity.. In this special sense, all your loved ones who have preceded you in death, even when their means of doing so was suicide, live on - within your mind. They also live on in the form of their own eternal souls."

Finding Your Way after the Suicide of Someone You Love

David B. Biebel, DMin, & Suzanne L. Foster, MA

(((Nikki))) Thinking of you. :grouphug:

who moi 03-18-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 482966)
. C.S.Lewis once wrote about how we carry forward memories of our loved ones in our minds, which are a part of our soul that lives on into eternity.. In this special sense, all your loved ones who have preceded you in death, even when their means of doing so was suicide, live on - within your mind. They also live on in the form of their own eternal souls.

I so agree with this statement...

(did I mentioned that my hand really hurts? :D)

barbo 03-18-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alffe (Post 482966)
"Survival is not moving on and forgetting about your loved one, as if to put all that you've experienced behind you forever, for you couldn't do that even if you tried. What has happened is now a part of who you are, not just part of your experience. C.S.Lewis once wrote about how we carry forward memories of our loved ones in our minds, which are a part of our soul that lives on into eternity.. In this special sense, all your loved ones who have preceded you in death, even when their means of doing so was suicide, live on - within your mind. They also live on in the form of their own eternal souls."

Finding Your Way after the Suicide of Someone You Love

David B. Biebel, DMin, & Suzanne L. Foster, MA

Amen. That says it so well.

(((Nikki))) Thinking of you. :grouphug:

Amen. That says t so well.

gardengrl 03-18-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who moi (Post 482986)
I so agree with this statement...

(did I mentioned that my hand really hurts? :D)

What happened to ya hand Moi??? I'm sorry it hurts:(

Doody 03-18-2009 05:11 PM

Amen to that Alffe, Amen! Forever and ever, amen. They're just lost to us physically is all. Thanks to that day oh so long ago, in a car with Moi far away, and subsequent 'growth' of my own (AND that wise gal pal of mine, Ms. Ducky), I truly believe what you wrote.

Speaking of Mr. Moi, has anybody seen him lately? Wonder how he's doin.

http://home.mchsi.com/~njp/emoticons/eatgrapes.gif :D

Spanish Moss 03-18-2009 05:14 PM

I would also add to C S Lewis that they live in us because they have added their influence into who we are. I "am" in part because of them.

gardengrl 03-18-2009 07:43 PM

so inspirational, I love being able to read everyones thoughts, beliefs, & Dreams...It's so uplifting. I swear I could not have gotten thru these past few days without having the privilege of bein part of NT. Thank you all so much for just being yourselves.....

I wish I didn't have to LURK so much, but my touch pad on laptop is Bad & difficult to type. Have a peaceful, loving evening every one.

Moss, let your poor little baby Moi know that I hope his boo boo hand feels better.

Alffe 03-19-2009 04:58 AM

gardengrl, I think you are one of the best things that's happened in the forum family...so glad you've joined here. When you get your new puter, I'll be watching for your pictures...I also like to dig holes. *grin