NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Aching left arm and hand (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/82131-aching-left-arm-hand.html)

BARBARA356 03-22-2009 08:10 PM

Aching left arm and hand

Hi, does anybody else have a achy arm and hand with MG? It seems to feel a little weak too. Is it normal with MG to be on one side more than the other?

erinhermes 03-22-2009 11:40 PM

Hi Barbara!

I am definitey weaker on my left side - I'm a leftie..........so that really stinks!

I also have alot of lower back pain that is pretty much constant - I sleep on my heating pad every night.....I have general aches and pains all over, but my left side is the side that realky gives me grief - even my LEFT eye starts to go wonky b/4 my right one - no idea why.......MG is pretty weird, huh?

How are you? Are you feeling better?

:hug:Erin:hug:

BARBARA356 03-23-2009 09:01 AM

Achy arm

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinhermes (Post 485207)
I am definitey weaker on my left side - I'm a leftie..........so that really stinks!

I also have alot of lower back pain that is pretty much constant - I sleep on my heating pad every night.....I have general aches and pains all over, but my left side is the side that realky gives me grief - even my LEFT eye starts to go wonky b/4 my right one - no idea why.......MG is pretty weird, huh?

How are you? Are you feeling better?

:hug:Erin:hug:

Was feeling better, but now this achiness. My husband said my left arm was much weaker than my right. I am still on the pyro. Does the MG cause permanent weakness? I know the meds help but I just wonder if it does some permanent damage. Does everyone eventually end up doing the Steroids? I have an appt with a MD clinic close to home have you ever been to one?

nemsmom 03-23-2009 03:55 PM

Oh yes

I definitely get an achey left arm and hand. I haven't been diagnosed with MG though. The first time I had that pain was back in December and my Mom thought I was having a heart attack, my neuro thought it might be my MS but I still don't really know. My left side is also weaker than my right, but that could also be my MS.

You should probably mention it to your doctor though.

Kristie

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARBARA356 (Post 485161)
Hi, does anybody else have a achy arm and hand with MG? It seems to feel a little weak too. Is it normal with MG to be on one side more than the other?

BARBARA356 03-24-2009 04:38 AM

left arm pain

Quote:

Originally Posted by nemsmom (Post 485492)
I definitely get an achey left arm and hand. I haven't been diagnosed with MG though. The first time I had that pain was back in December and my Mom thought I was having a heart attack, my neuro thought it might be my MS but I still don't really know. My left side is also weaker than my right, but that could also be my MS.

You should probably mention it to your doctor though.

Kristie

My grandfather had MS. Do you think you have MS amd MG? That would be hard on anyone.

nemsmom 03-24-2009 09:35 AM

not sure what it is

I have MS, POTS and something else is causing my weak spells. If I just knew what it was it would be easier to deal with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARBARA356 (Post 485744)
My grandfather had MS. Do you think you have MS amd MG? That would be hard on anyone.

AnnieB3 03-24-2009 03:15 PM

Barbara, If I use either arm - like when I type a lot - they will get weaker and "achy." Are you left-handed or use your left arm more?

ras1256 03-24-2009 07:46 PM

At times, yes.

Hi Barbara,

Sometimes when I have pushed myself too hard the weakness hits to a point that I don't notice a difference between sides. But often after my mestinon kicks in and I recover a little my muscles feel "stressed" like I ran a 1000 meter race, and the left leg usually seems to feel it more than the right when that happens.

I am definately right sided, so I figure it's because the left has to work even harder than the right, but looking at Erin's post maybe not?

I don't even know if this is the same sensation you're describing, but thought I'd throw my 2cents in for you :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BARBARA356 (Post 485161)