NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Well, that was kinda fun! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/82200-kinda-fun.html)

Erin524 03-23-2009 07:03 PM

Well, that was kinda fun!

We just had our first tornado of the year.

It's springtime in Nebraska!! Tornadoes in the eastern side of the state, and blizzard warnings in the Panhandle!

Earliest one that I can remember.

No really big damage here that I can see. I'm pretty sure we have some hail damage on our roof tho. I'm only really basing this on what the plastic window cover on the side of our house looks. I counted about 18 hail strikes with actual holes in the plastic cover in a few places.

I'm guessing the hail damage on our roof might not be quite as bad as what we had last June in the straight-line wind storm that blew thru then. (30+ strikes in a 10sq ft spot on the roof...insurance adjuster quit counting at 30 then, and just told us to get it fixed then.)

I hope we dont have serious hail damage...we only just got it fixed last october from the last huge storm.

Looks like most of the bad damage in my part of Nebraska were in rural areas...a car got picked up at one point, with 4 people in it, I'm guessing they lived, but someone had to be taken out with the Jaws of Life.

I like thunderstorms, and kind of enjoy tornadoes if they're not taking my house with them, but I really really really HATE hail. Hail sucks.

If I could have the storms without the hail, they'd be great.

I took some video of the storms, not sure if I'm going to be posting any to the internet, because my mom goes completely wonko during storms and starts yelling at us.

It was warm this morning, and we had our a/c on to test it, and surprise, it wasnt working. Good thing we found this out now. At least the storm cooled things off so we dont need to have a/c on. (my mom's allergies are driving her nuts, so we were hoping the a/c would help her and we wouldnt have to keep the windows open)

legzzalot 03-23-2009 07:43 PM

Holy smokes glad everyone is OK> I feel for those poor people in the car can you imagine?

Hey i just found one perk to not driving. LOL

SallyC 03-23-2009 08:26 PM

Sheesh, Erin. :eek: I'm glad you are all safe and sound. I do like some mild storms, but not Tornatos in any way shape or form..:mad: We have had those pretty close to home and it is sad to see people and a whole small town wiped out by one of those things..:(

Stay safe..:hug:

Riverwild 03-23-2009 09:00 PM

Yikes!

Glad to hear you made it through the storm ok!

Erin524 03-23-2009 09:22 PM

I wasnt really scared of this storm. It was nothing compared to the straight-line windstorm that we had last june (130+ mph straight-line wind knocked down a tree in my front yard last year)

and it wasnt anything compared to the first tornado that I was ever in here in Omaha in 1975. But, it was still kind of exciting.

I did stay away from the windows, for the most part, at least the ones that were facing the hail. I was not thrilled about the hail. I hate it. I'm so glad that I have a garage now.

Tomorrow I have to call and have my parents roof checked to make sure we're not going to have to replace our brand new roof.

I just saw a news story about the car that got picked up and dropped by the storm. Looks like they were all hurt, but they havent said how bad the injuries were...just that they had to have the FD get one of the people out of the car. That's the scary part about storms. I dont like hearing about anyone getting hurt in them.

Jappy 03-24-2009 06:06 PM

WOW! Erin glad that you and the family are OK

I don't like any kind of strong wind storms.

We are supposed to get the strong winds coming from your way
starting tonight and bringing a lot of rain.

KEEP SAFE

Jappy

SallyC 03-24-2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jappy (Post 486037)

KEEP SAFE

Jappy

Yeah, us too..:mad:

Erin524 03-24-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jappy (Post 486037)

KEEP SAFE

Jappy

You can have the storms! Hopefully sans tornadoes and hail.

Now we're supposed to have SNOW later this week. I dont know which is worse, snow, or hail? I dont like frozen precipitation in any form.