NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   RSD, TMJ and Tinnitus? (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/82756-rsd-tmj-tinnitus.html)

Mslday 03-30-2009 09:52 AM

RSD, TMJ and Tinnitus?

I've seen a few people here talk about having either TMJ and or Tinnitus along with the RSD. From what I've been reading, it seems that there is a possible nerve-inflammation response connection with each of these conditions.

When my rsd flares the TMJ and Tinnitus also flare, do you experience similar responses?

I'm curious about how many of us have these 3 conditions? If you do have them are they all on the same side of your body?

My TMJ is pre-existing to my RSD & Tinnitus diagnosis, but since I got rsd my TMJ has progressed with arthritis and crepitus in the jaw joint. I'm curious to learn if others have experienced this same progression?

GalenaFaolan 03-30-2009 02:12 PM

I had tinnitus all my life. I noticed as rsd progressed so did it. It has gotten a bit worse. As long as there's some kind of noise it's not too bothersome. It doesn't seem to be any worse or better no matter what my pain level is. I feel lucky it's not really bad. Now that I've said that I'm sure it will worsen quickly and the ringing will become unbearable. LOLOLOL

Hugs,

Karen

Grammadur 03-30-2009 05:24 PM

RSD with tinnitus

I also have tinnitus with my RSD. The pain management doc said it's from the medication - Lyrica though. May never know since I started Lyrica the day after the injury.

Mslday 04-01-2009 10:08 AM

Thanks

Thank you for your comments and participating in my little poll.

I'm doing some more research on this and I'm hoping to see more people respond.

More to come...

MsL

SandyRI 04-01-2009 10:27 AM

I've developed a real intolerance to loud noises - voices, music, TV's, etc. since my RSD has worsened over the past winter. If I can't get away from them I end up with a severe headache. I don't know if that is the same as tinnitus.

I was walking through the city a few evenings ago and a taxi cab honked his horn right next to me, I thought my head was going to explode.

I don't have TMJ, although I've slept with a mouthguard for the last 20 years or so because I grind my teeth.

Sandy

GalenaFaolan 04-01-2009 03:42 PM

Tinnitus is a ringing in the ears. With some, like myself, it gets very loud and bothersome if it's silent. I have to have some "noise" in order to keep at bay. Others hear the ringing loudly all the time with no let up whether there is outside noise or not.

Most of us rsd'ers have an intolerance to loud noises now because it increases the pain a lot and can cause us to feel those electrical zaps, or as with you, severe headaches. I'm sorry you have that happen to you from loud noise. I can't imagine!

Hugs,

Karen

AintSoBad 04-02-2009 10:13 PM

I was told Long ago, that MY "ringing in the ears" was caused by NSAIDS. That being then, I cannot speak for newer drugs. But, once an ins. company nurse wanted my blood tested, to be sure I was in fact taking my meds.
My doctor objected, because I had complained of the "ringing". An obvious side effect. (For me).
I have RSD, TMJ, but not so much tinnitus any longer, I don't take that form of medication, now.
(Check your drug side efx).

Wellness to all,
Pete
ASB

kimmie 04-08-2009 12:36 PM

goodday

:confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mslday (Post 488680)
I've seen a few people here talk about having either TMJ and or Tinnitus along with the RSD. From what I've been reading, it seems that there is a possible nerve-inflammation response connection with each of these conditions.

When my rsd flares the TMJ and Tinnitus also flare, do you experience similar responses?

I'm curious about how many of us have these 3 conditions? If you do have them are they all on the same side of your body?

My TMJ is pre-existing to my RSD & Tinnitus diagnosis, but since I got rsd my TMJ has progressed with arthritis and crepitus in the jaw joint. I'm curious to learn if others have experienced this same progression?

HI , COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS TMJ ? NEVER HEARD OF THIS GOD BLESS KIMMIE

Curious 04-08-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintSoBad (Post 490383)
I was told Long ago, that MY "ringing in the ears" was caused by NSAIDS. That being then, I cannot speak for newer drugs. But, once an ins. company nurse wanted my blood tested, to be sure I was in fact taking my meds.
My doctor objected, because I had complained of the "ringing". An obvious side effect. (For me).
I have RSD, TMJ, but not so much tinnitus any longer, I don't take that form of medication, now.
(Check your drug side efx).

Wellness to all,
Pete
ASB

Hi Pete,

I was having a very high pain week. ( I don;t have RSD, but a progressive back condition) I rarley take pain meds, because they mess me up. But I had taken some Tylanol for 2 days and had more than my normal 1 cup pf coffee.

YOWZA...the bells were ringing. I had to keep checking to see if the phone rang. :eek: Weirdest thing. Drove me nuts..more than I am already. :p

So watch caffiene too!

hopeful Alaskan 06-05-2009 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyRI (Post 489601)
I've developed a real intolerance to loud noises - voices, music, TV's, etc. since my RSD has worsened over the past winter. If I can't get away from them I end up with a severe headache. I don't know if that is the same as tinnitus.

I was walking through the city a few evenings ago and a taxi cab honked his horn right next to me, I thought my head was going to explode.

I don't have TMJ, although I've slept with a mouthguard for the last 20 years or so because I grind my teeth.

Sandy

Hi Sandy, I am new at posting online, will do ok I hope. I have a migraine, TMJ, RSD (and neck at times) kinda mix going on that sounds like you. I can't take the noise. It is the worst during a migraine or bright sunshine (that is trying to push me into a migraine). Do you have the noise problem all the time? A neurologist could help you figure out the type of HA you are having. I am taking a time release of Verapimil that has helped. Does your dentist check your bite with and without the night guard regularly? Take care. Hopeful Alaskan