NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Muscle twitching??? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/8303-muscle-twitching.html)

BJ 12-07-2006 08:38 AM

Muscle twitching???

I’m so miserable with this muscle twitching and all over aches. I haven’t slept for 3 days and can’t eat. My boss sent me home from work yesterday because I couldn’t concentrate and he’s not happy with my output these last few weeks. Everything is supposed to be billable time, billable time. He doesn’t realize how much stress he’s putting me under with all this. I haven’t told him or anyone about the BP and don’t intend to. I just told them I’m being treated for depression. I’m so disappointed in myself for being like this. Usually I’m all gung ho and can put out 7 hours a day billable time but I can’t. My mind is wandering all over and I can’t shut it off. And I’m rambling again. I’ve just had my Depakote increased to 1000 mg so could this be it? I did have to take a Klonopin last night but I’ve never experienced this before.

nuttybuddy 12-07-2006 10:11 AM

For me

For me, when I stop and start taking Klonopin, I get the muscle twitching.

Nikko 12-07-2006 10:12 AM

I am sorry you are feeling so awful. I think I would call your p-doc and ask if the increase in the med could do this to you.

Klonapin is an anti-anxiety drug, so I doubt it would cause that, it is more of a sedative drug.

You don't have to tell your boss anything, just that you don't feel well, or it is personal.

Don't be hard on yourself, you are doing the best you can under the circumstances (getting used to the meds).;)

Everyone has a bad day here and there, and your boss should understand that. It seems he/she is adding more stress that you don't need right now.

So, if you can, just tell him next time or even for this time, you were having a off day, bad day, etc.

Hang in there, you are doing great, chin up up up......smile :) and keep on truckin....okay....it will get better.

Lots of hugs, Nikko chin up up up.....smile:)

bizi 12-07-2006 11:51 AM

I can't remember what meds you are taking...don't think that depakote will help with the muscle twitching but hey I am not a doctor!
I have always understood that for some folks when they are having head tornadoes, obcesive mental thoughts, that a med like seroquel can help to calm those thoughts.
Please talk to your pdoc and I am sorry that you conntinue to have symptoms.....
((((HUGS))))
bizi

boxer22 12-09-2006 09:23 AM

hi MEBP?

I totally understand and sympathise with the muscle twitching thing - I have it and it is uncontrollable - I was prescribed propanolol which is a med that can help combat the symptoms but I couldn't handle the side effects which it had on me which was the drowsiness, I am not sure if it would have the same effect on you. Might be worth mentioning it to your pdoc to see what he has to say on the drug just a thought?!

Hope that helps! I haven't as yet found a solution to mine as yet.

Boxer
:(