NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   10 weeks ago I applied for SSDI (CRPS I); Approved Today!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/83204-10-weeks-ago-applied-ssdi-crps-approved.html)

Dew58 04-03-2009 06:23 PM

10 weeks ago I applied for SSDI (CRPS I); Approved Today!!!

I just wanted to share that I was approved today for SSDI, for CRPS I. It took 10 weeks to be approved. I am so excited and shocked at the same time! What a relief to have been approved so fast.

:grouphug:
Dew

ras1256 04-03-2009 10:15 PM

Congrats!

Wow! That is quick! What a wonderful surprise for you. I know my brother went over the normal 6 months before he was approved. Nice windfall when he got it, but how do they expect someone to live for 6 months or more with no way to work and earn an income??? He was fortunate my older brother's family were able to take him in until he got his SSDI.

Hopefully it will take some stress off and that will help your condition - I have a friend with CRPS so I know how difficult it is!

Best of luck to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dew58 (Post 490850)
I just wanted to share that I was approved today for SSDI, for CRPS I. It took 10 weeks to be approved. I am so excited and shocked at the same time! What a relief to have been approved so fast.

Dew

rwillilwilli 05-07-2009 10:11 PM

quick reply

positive attitude prevails everytime doesnt God has the last word
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dew58 (Post 490850)

Dew

DiMarie 05-09-2009 11:41 PM

That is so wonderful, I am happy this was resolved so swiftly,
I basically had the same thing, what I felt were disabling back, nerve, RSD and multiple problems, it ended up being my bum knee that approved me. I had been in law enforcement and could no,longer do that job, so I retrained.

I can only work part time though.
Best of luck to you Dew and the encouragement for so many waiting.
di

Hoosier_Daddy 05-11-2009 01:20 PM

I have some hope!

Wow this is great news for all of you. This does give me hope. I am only 42 but have had 4 knee surgeries in the past 2+ years. I need another major surgery as soon as my WC claim is resolved. I also suffer fron anxiety and schizoaffective disorder. I go in front of the ALJ June 24th. I have to use ice on my knee several hours a day and sleep very little. I hope I win as it has been a struggle for the past 3+ years.

finz 05-11-2009 04:21 PM

Wow Dew.......that is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baseballfan 05-15-2009 05:17 AM

congrats

Hi Dew,

i just wanted to say congrats on getting your SSDI so fast and on the 1st try.:):):):) that is great Dew. I hope it will be a big help to you and your family.:grouphug::grouphug: I know it was a big help when I got approved. it took me 6 months to get approved.

Kate