NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   10 weeks ago I applied for SSDI for CRPS I; Approved today!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/83205-10-weeks-ago-applied-ssdi-crps-approved.html)

Dew58 04-03-2009 06:28 PM

10 weeks ago I applied for SSDI for CRPS I; Approved today!!!

Hello All,:)

I just wanted to share that I was approved today for SSDI, for CRPS I. It took 10 weeks to be approved. I am so excited and shocked at the same time! What a relief to have been approved so fast.

My atty. for my WC suit was surprised too. I applied for SSDI on my own behalf.

:grouphug:
Dew

dreambeliever128 04-03-2009 06:49 PM

Hi Dew,

That is really great news. I am happy for you.

I wanted to say that around here, I have seen more get their SS faster without a lawyer then with one. I think it's because the lawyer does the talking and he doesn't really know the shape the person is in.

I had a lawyer and it took years to get mine. Bill got his within 6 months without one. I had a friend that dropped her lawyer of 3 years and got hers right away. I finally got mine without my lawyers help by writting to a State Rep and had it within a week.

I think too, that lawyers have so many cases that they just can't keep up with them.

Again, I am happy for you. Now you can relax some.

Ada

AintSoBad 04-03-2009 06:58 PM

Dew,
That's incredible!
My congrats! (Yet of course, you know I wish you didn't need this).
I was self employed, and having children, bought private disabillty insurance. (Not covered by WC). So now, since one part of a policy is SS replacement, they want me to apply, and they "SAY" that they'll pay the costs.
What does SS pay?
All in all?
I know my disability will be reduced slightly, but only by what I gain from SS.
This is the insurance industry's way of shifting the weight.
But, what's fair is fair.
If SS owes it to me, so be it. It's been 25+ years.
I don't know how ANY of it works, and I'd love ANY kind of answers / input!

Thanks Ya'll!

Pete
ASB

angelrsd 04-03-2009 09:49 PM

dew i want to congradulate you on winning way to go.!!!!! i bet that is a relife for sure..
carrie

Dew58 04-03-2009 10:09 PM

Thanks everyone for your feed back and congrats.:)

:D I am still in a state of mind that says, "WHAT???", as I have heard so many people tell me that they had been turned down again and again,..waited 5 plus yrs..so, I had hopes but was expecting a neg. reply.(So I wouldn't be so disappointed if I had been turned down).

I am approved..I Can BELIEVE IT..it did happen.:grouphug:

Wishing you all the best,
Dew

rsdwife 04-03-2009 10:25 PM

Congrats!

I'm so exicted for you. What a relief if must be to have this done. I hope this gives you a small measure of peace!

take care

april

info hungry 04-04-2009 10:43 AM

Congrats Dew! You deserve a celebration!

CRPSbe 04-04-2009 12:58 PM

I'm so happy for you that it was recognized.

My Gosh! 10 weeks? The first time I applied, it took them a year to approve me; it happens a lot slower over here. :(

loretta 04-04-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRPSbe (Post 491229)
I'm so happy for you that it was recognized.

My Gosh! 10 weeks? The first time I applied, it took them a year to approve me; it happens a lot slower over here. :(

Hi Dew, So happy for you!. I am going to apply. Dr. says he will support me. have full body 13 years, wasn't diagnosed for 4 years. Hope it goes well for me too. Take care, Loretta

SBOWLING 04-04-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dew58 (Post 490853)
Hello All,:)

I just wanted to share that I was approved today for SSDI, for CRPS I. It took 10 weeks to be approved. I am so excited and shocked at the same time! What a relief to have been approved so fast.

My atty. for my WC suit was surprised too. I applied for SSDI on my own behalf.

:grouphug:
Dew

Hello Dew,

Congradulations!!! That's one less thing to have on your mind. I applied 2 1/2 years ago and was I was denied. I have been waiting for 2 years for a hearing to be scheduled. I was notifited this past Friday that they need my updated doctor's reports and they will consider my case again and I may not have to go before a judge. They must have got some stimulous money to hire some extra people to help with the mountains of paperwork they require (ha! ha! just kidding)
Take care :grouphug:
Sherrie