NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Finally a Diagnosis yayyy (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/83764-finally-diagnosis-yayyy.html)

mm80 04-09-2009 05:03 AM

Finally a Diagnosis yayyy

It is such a releif to know that my symptoms were not just in my head, all the continuoes fatigue, breathing porblems and slight eye probs and after seen 2 neuros and having 2 lots of EMG and Nerve conduction tests its official it showed a mild deficit in the EMG so yes I do have MG and I tell you its a releif in a way cause at least I now know its not just in m head, I start my first round of IVIg, wish me luck and "Happy Eater to Everyone"

Mili

korbi_doc 04-09-2009 07:34 AM

Know the feeling!

Mili, my dx was just 10 days ago, so I know how you feel....as much as we don't want this type disease, it's at least a relief to finally have an answer to the wierd symptoms & distress we've been having....& most ppl do not understand the severity & debilitation it's caused us....

I do wish you the best of luck with your treatments & a happy easter to you!

Dottie

ras1256 04-09-2009 12:33 PM

Congrats to you both!

It is such a relief to get the dx! What a lot of people don't understand is that uncertainty about the future (docs don't get it either)...
How bad will this get, what else will happen, what about finances, on and on. Once you have a dx, no matter how bad it may be, at least then you can get back in control and take charge of some things again. That's where I think the relief comes from - that and the PROOF that you weren't crazy or being a baby or putting on (we knew we weren't, but convincing others is what makes you feel crazy:confused:).

I'm so happy for both of you that now you know and can focus on learning about MG, and finally start the getting better phase :p. There will still be days, but knowlege is power.

Go get 'em and kick some MG b---!

:grouphug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by korbi_doc (Post 493444)
Mili, my dx was just 10 days ago, so I know how you feel....as much as we don't want this type disease, it's at least a relief to finally have an answer to the wierd symptoms & distress we've been having....& most ppl do not understand the severity & debilitation it's caused us....

I do wish you the best of luck with your treatments & a happy easter to you!

Dottie

bluesky 04-09-2009 12:39 PM

Congratulations!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Now you can get better!

I know this sounds crazy - but you'll understand - I'm soooo jealous!!!

Ally

redtail 04-09-2009 11:46 PM

Hi Mili,

its great you've been diagnosed!!

I hope your IVIG goes well.
take care and happy easter

Kate

AnnieB3 04-10-2009 05:00 PM

That's great news. I hope they talked to you about your pulmonary function tests too and what they mean, etc.

Did they tell you about using Tylenol and Benadryl (if you can tolerate it) before and after IVIG? And about staying hydrated the next day? If not, ask them.

Good luck with it. I hope your breathing gets better.

Annie

mm80 04-10-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieB3 (Post 494106)
That's great news. I hope they talked to you about your pulmonary function tests too and what they mean, etc.

Did they tell you about using Tylenol and Benadryl (if you can tolerate it) before and after IVIG? And about staying hydrated the next day? If not, ask them.

Good luck with it. I hope your breathing gets better.

Annie

Hi thanks for your best wishes, in regards to your question, no I was not told anything abt tylenol or benedryl, whats that for???as for the P/LFT the report had not been sent to her so I will have to foolow it up, and talk to her then abt it, but like I said its such a big releif to know that im not going crazy or lazy, have you had the IVIg treatment yourself, if so how was it did you notice any big change,

Have a great weekend and Easter.:D