NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Deep Brain Stimulation (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/84001-deep-brain-stimulation.html)

debbiehub 04-12-2009 09:25 AM

Deep Brain Stimulation

Hi all,

My pain has gone to a new miserable level- I was wondering if anyone has considered deep brain stim

Thanks
Debbie

debbiehub 04-12-2009 11:10 AM

Deep Brain Stimulation

Hi All,

I have not been here in a while- had trouble logging on. My pain has gone to a new level with severe muscle wasting and all the other good stuff... I was wondering if anyone has considered or tried deep brain stim. We had a neuro surgeon come to our support group and talk about all different kinds of stimulators.

Thanks for any info

Debbie

DianaA 04-12-2009 11:38 PM

Debbie

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that you are still really struggling with rsd/crps. I had been wondering why we haven't heard from you. I dont have any answers about deep brain stims, but just wanted to say "hello and I hope things get better for you soon". I really hope that you get some answers here. Take care. Di:hug:

debbiehub 04-13-2009 07:05 AM

TY

Thanks Diana- How is the HBOT going for you??

Dew58 04-13-2009 10:33 AM

I hope you feel better soon.:hug:
Dew

tutor50 04-13-2009 12:44 PM

Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson's Disease

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiehub (Post 494758)
Hi All,

I have not been here in a while- had trouble logging on. My pain has gone to a new level with severe muscle wasting and all the other good stuff... I was wondering if anyone has considered or tried deep brain stim. We had a neuro surgeon come to our support group and talk about all different kinds of stimulators.

Thanks for any info

Debbie

I hAD Dbs FOR pARKINSON'S dISEASE AND AM GLAD TO SAY IT WAS SUCCESSFUL IN REDUCING BY MEDS AND IMPROVING MY MOVEMENT. DO NOT KNOW WHAT OTHER TYPES OF DISEASES OTHER THAN ESSENTIAL TREMOR USE DBS SUCCESSFULLY. I STILL HAVE pARKINSON'S BUT CAN TREAEET IT BETTER NOW.

TUTOR 50

CZZ74 04-13-2009 01:00 PM

Debbie, could you give more details on the treatment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiehub (Post 494723)
Hi all,

My pain has gone to a new miserable level- I was wondering if anyone has considered deep brain stim

Thanks
Debbie

Debbie, could you give more details on which treatment you are referring too?
So Sorry for your continued increasing pain.
Sincerely,
cz

debbiehub 04-13-2009 04:06 PM

hi

Do you have RSD along with the Parkinsons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tutor50 (Post 495198)
I hAD Dbs FOR pARKINSON'S dISEASE AND AM GLAD TO SAY IT WAS SUCCESSFUL IN REDUCING BY MEDS AND IMPROVING MY MOVEMENT. DO NOT KNOW WHAT OTHER TYPES OF DISEASES OTHER THAN ESSENTIAL TREMOR USE DBS SUCCESSFULLY. I STILL HAVE pARKINSON'S BUT CAN TREAEET IT BETTER NOW.

TUTOR 50

debbiehub 04-13-2009 04:07 PM

Hi

I believe it is the same deep brain stim they use on Parkinsons.....

Jomar 04-13-2009 04:57 PM

I merged the two threads so it will be easier to keep track of replies and answers.