NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   WC Atty. Wants To Take a Deposition of My PM Doctor! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/84633-wc-atty-deposition-pm-doctor.html)

Dew58 04-17-2009 09:20 PM

WC Atty. Wants To Take a Deposition of My PM Doctor!

I was notified today from my atty, that WC atty. wants to :deadhorsebeat:take a deposition of my PM Doc, after WC atty. got a copy of his last report.

Mind you, this is the PM doc WC chose for me.:Scratch-Head:

What is WC. atty. up too, any ideas???

Thank you for responding:hug:

Dew

DianaA 04-17-2009 10:41 PM

Been There

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dew58 (Post 497714)
I was notified today from my atty, that WC atty. wants to :deadhorsebeat:take a deposition of my PM Doc, after WC atty. got a copy of his last report.

Mind you, this is the PM doc WC chose for me.:Scratch-Head:

What is WC. atty. up too, any ideas???

Thank you for responding:hug:

Dew

Hi Dew,
How are you?
You are bringing back all the memories of the events that transpired for me with our same insurance.
They did the exact same thing to me. They deposed my doctor, as well. Also one assigned to me by w/c. I assumed from reading her deposition statements later, that they were trying to find loop holes or discrepancies.
Then they deposed me.
They did not however depose the doctor that did the upperthoracic radiofrequency sympathectomy, or the doctor that tested me for the SCS for all four extremities. But they did try to discredit or should I say try to find a way from her statements to keep from having to accept responsibility.
They did not have their own IME doctor there who on examination of me diagnosed me with RSD and Fribromyalgia.
I still won, although it was not one of the more pleasant experiences in life.
Maybe others will respond with more advise. Try not to stress too much, it will just hurt you and it is all tactics.
Their job is to save the insurance money and your job is to protect your well being. Hang in there. Di

AintSoBad 04-18-2009 02:30 AM

Dew,
Diana really nailed it spot on.
The ins. company has the right to do this. You can look at it in two ways, they're looking for loopholes, or holes in the doctors story, or, if they're a decent ins. company, they owe it to their stockholders to prove out every claim they pay.
There are far too many malingerers who take advantage, and all they want to do is be sure you're not one.
In the age of the internet, it's easier to come to a place like this and "read the symptoms" of even a strange disease like RSD.

If you trust your doctor, you've nothing to worry about.
You know yourself, your symptoms etc. so, like Diana says, just stay calm, and even if you're not calm, they rile your symptoms if they depose you. And, they'll show.
Either way, unless your doctor is a twirp, your can't really lose.
If you have an attorney, s/he should be there!

Pete
asb

loretta 04-18-2009 11:47 PM

Hi Dew58,
A deposition is given under oath. The attorney for the insurance company will ask questions about your condition. How he came to the conclusion of RSD. Your medical history prior to your WC injury. You might get a notepad and make a timeline. Because there is no cure for RSD,so often the insurance company leaves the medical expenses open-ended after a settlement is reached. That's what I would want. After the deposition, a transcript is made by the court reporter. Your attorney obviously will want a copy. The PM Dr. will have his own attorney provided by his malpractice insurance to represent him. It's like the others responded, they just want to get started to get information and they will want to settle soon. There will be a time, you'll be deposed. That's why it's important to have a diary and date every appt. and discussion, and request for early treatment. My daughter is a court reporter and has done rsd depositions. She's not able to disclose anything. But this isn't 'your' day, so try and relax and learn from the Drs. depo. In case you were to have spread like many of us, you can see why they would want to get this over with' The deposition may be in the drs. attorneys' office or even possibly at the Drs. office for his personal convenience.
How are you doing? Stay strong, remember you haven't don't anything wrong, I'm glad you are covered. Please take care, loretta