NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Weight vs. Size.....Or......Size vs. Shape (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/85037-weight-vs-size-size-vs-shape.html)

Kitty 04-21-2009 06:59 PM

Weight vs. Size.....Or......Size vs. Shape

It seems as I get older my size changes.....but not necessarily my weight. I guess I should say my shape changes.....not necessarily my size!! :o :confused:

Has anyone else noticed that? I suppose if I still went to the gym and worked out like I used to this wouldn't be happening. But.....circumstances are such that it just isn't possible for me anymore.

Am I the only one who's noticed that things just aren't in the same place they used to be....or should be??! :o Is gravity getting the final revenge? Will I be like that old lady on the greeting cards who jokes about tripping over herself? :eek:

I get so tired of seeing commercials for things like Nutri-System with Marie Osmond and Valarie Bertinelli looking like they're 22 (when they're really in their 40's). Heck, if I had their money I'd have a personal trainer and someone to cook low-cal meals for me, too. It just gets depressing. I have no problem with being healthy but I think there is way too much emphasis on looks.

Maybe it's just sour grapes......but I'm to the point that I just really don't care. I just want to be comfortable. Oh dear, am I ready for the dreaded.......duster??!! :eek: http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...y1960/e408.jpg

Blessings2You 04-21-2009 07:09 PM

Can you say: Muu-muu

Twinkletoes 04-21-2009 07:29 PM

The lady in the Lingerie Dept. at Dillard's referred to them as "Patio Jackets."

I couldn't quite bring myself to buy one, but I think maybe there is one on the horizon with my name on it. :o

Aarcyn 04-21-2009 07:40 PM

I hear you! I am a shape shifter.

I would love someone to come in and give me a make-over, give me a new wardrobe that would flatter my changing figure.

And then there are the "character" wrinkles. :rolleyes:

Then again, I am watching Celebrity Apprentice and I see Joan Rivers and her daughter. For all that money, it is so sad to see what she has done to herself. It literally looks like a mask.

Seems like a lot of TV folk have gone crazy. Either that or they are all going to the same plastic surgeon.

SallyC 04-21-2009 07:43 PM

I call them Caftans and that's all I wear. My DGD asked me why I don't wear jeans and just wear dresses.:D :o

Erin524 04-21-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 499444)

I get so tired of seeing commercials for things like Nutri-System with Marie Osmond and Valarie Bertinelli looking like they're 22 (when they're really in their 40's). Heck, if I had their money I'd have a personal trainer and someone to cook low-cal meals for me, too. It just gets depressing. I have no problem with being healthy but I think there is way too much emphasis on looks.

I remember watching Marie Osmond on her show with her brother when I was young, and I also remember watching Bertinelli on the show she was on when I was very young.

There's no way they're in their 40s...(just googled them, they're both 50)

I really think that whoever is producing the commercials they've been on recently has a really good special effects department, because I wouldnt be surprised if they were touching up the video a bit to make them look better.

Friend2U 04-21-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 499444)
I get so tired of seeing commercials for things like Nutri-System with Marie Osmond and Valarie Bertinelli looking like they're 22 (when they're really in their 40's). Heck, if I had their money I'd have a personal trainer and someone to cook low-cal meals for me, too. It just gets depressing. I have no problem with being healthy but I think there is way too much emphasis on looks.IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/herekitty1960/e408.jpg[/IMG]

AMEN to that Sister!!!:yahoo::Bow:

Kitty 04-22-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 499526)
There's no way they're in their 40s...(just googled them, they're both 50)

OK.......now I'm really depressed!!! I'm not 50 yet but look older than they do!!! :eek: :eek: :(

kicker 04-22-2009 07:01 AM

Until I was in my early 40, I looked good. I remember the surprise in the young man's face as he approched from the back, tapped my shoulder and I spun around. You could see his face register "She's old!!!". When the kids (9?) ran by and I said "There goes my twins", he really got a horrified look. 45 came, everything went. Not weight, but the belly rounded and other stuff shifted. I once had a student (well, it was a school for disturbed kids) who would jiggle my upper arms and say "my mom hates when I do that." Well, so did I.Things do shift, Not so perky anymore, are they? Even DH has body changes. Thank goodness we remember!!!! I always wanted to be a feisty old lady, but not so soon (it seems) and in a chair.

AfterMyNap 04-22-2009 07:50 AM

I hear you, Kell, things don't fit as they used to and when I weighed at the doctor's office last month, I was actually sad to see that I weighed a lot less than I thought!

Fortunately, I've never really had a figure and it looks like those old lady bungie bottoms aren't so bad after all. :(