NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   swelling (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/85121-swelling.html)

allentgamer 04-22-2009 12:17 PM

swelling

I usually dont have problems with swelling, but here lately my left leg is swelling up like a blimp! I have RSD in the right leg, and am wondering if this swelling might be signs of the RSD spreading to the left leg?

The right leg swells also, but it is smaller in comparison so it looks like it isnt swollen at all. Also I have noticed that the left ankle feels like it has been twisted, but I havent twisted it at all.

How weird our bodies get with this darn RSD stuff. :(

Anyone else have swelling problems?

DianaA 04-22-2009 12:48 PM

Hi Allen

Allen,
Good to hear from you. But, sorry you are experiencing the recently swelling. I can only speak for myself, but I have a terrible time with swelling. You know I have full body, but I'm not sure...its been so long, if that was one of the first signs of spread, or not. You also know that we are as much different as we are a like. But, swelling has been a major part of it for me. In my case I think it has to do with the inflammation. When can you get to your pm? How long have had RSD?
Allen,
Get on the Vic's remedy, "grapeseed extract". He's telling me to tell ya! I can hear his voice as if he were right here. Keep me posted. Di

CRPSbe 04-22-2009 12:48 PM

If there's an RSD symptom popping up in a place where you didn't have it before, I'd go see the doctor because it could be alarming. Really, have him or her check that out so you can be sure. It's kind of hard for us to say anything about this, we're not doctors and we can't see your leg or feel it.

gramE 11-19-2010 11:47 AM

I feel like someone has a bicycle tire pump hooked up to my feet, trying to turn my big toe into a missile.

Swelling was the first thing I noticed when my RSD went from my left to my right foot. And red/blue/black discoloration depending on the time of day.

I just try to stay quiet and take no more steps than necessary.
But I agree to let your physician know that you have symptoms in a new limb.

with hope for tomorrow,
pat e

lorigood243 11-19-2010 12:49 PM

Im sorry you are dealing with this. im having a bad day mydelf, meds arent working enough, pain is high. i have abdominal rsd and have 70lbs of swelling on it, its a big cross to bear
hope yours gets better now!
Lori

Jimking 11-19-2010 12:56 PM

My wife who broke her arm, contracted RSD, spread to her legs in which they swelled. She took Predisone (I think that is the spelling) a steroid for a week or two. The swelling went down substantially with smaller amounts of swell since.