NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   Sweet tea... (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/85161-sweet-tea.html)

PatriciaQ 04-22-2009 09:31 PM

Sweet tea...

hi everyone,

well, im a huge sweet tea fan, from, canada too heh, anyways i was wondering, what is everyones favorite sweet-tea flavor & whats the best *s*.

takecare, thanks.:grouphug:

AZjanie 04-23-2009 06:35 PM

What is sweet tea? :confused:

Can you tell I have lead a sheltered life. :o

If it is sweetened ice tea then mine would be peach or raspberry! :D

Koala77 04-23-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZjanie (Post 500367)
.......If it is sweetened ice tea then mine would be peach or raspberry! :D

Peach? Raspberry? :confused:

Tell me you don't mean tea, as in boiled water poured over tea leaves type tea.

I have heard of green tea, and lemon tea, and peppermint tea, but I've never heard of peach or raspberry tea.

And you think you live a sheltered life Janie......:D

SandyC 04-23-2009 06:54 PM

I used to drink sweet tea. In my neck of the woods sweet tea is boiled and then added to a pitcher with sugar and chilled. I would drink sweet tea over ice. My preferred choice of tea was Liptons or Walmart brand, pretty close.

Now I drink Crystal Light green tea with raspberry to watch my weight. Lost ten pounds just going from sweet tea to Crystal Light!

Chemar 04-23-2009 07:23 PM

peach???:eek: raspberry????:eek::eek:
in TEA??????????:thud:

can you tell my British roots are showing lol;):D

I have my tea like the Koala does:hug:, boiled water over tea leaves in a nice teapot with a china cup to drink from :cool:

when I make iced tea I brew it the same way as hot tea and then chill in the fridge

I dont usually sweeten mine, but if I did it would be only with a spoon of pure sugar or honey. I do enjoy black tea with honey and lemon juice too

ps yes I cheat with teabags sometimes instead of leaves ;)

Kitt 04-24-2009 06:09 PM

I make Sun Tea. You put the bags of Lipton tea (about 4 regular tea bags) in cold water in a large glass container and set it out in the hot sun for 3-4 hours. Remove the tea bags and then you put it in the refrigerator to cool. I usually add just a little sugar to the glass when I drink it and maybe a squirt of lemon juice.

I do not like it black and strong. It has to be a nice color and not strong.

PatriciaQ 04-24-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitt (Post 500790)
I make Sun Tea. You put the bags of Lipton tea (about 4 regular tea bags) in cold water in a large glass container and set it out in the hot sun for 3-4 hours. Remove the tea bags and then you put it in the refrigerator to cool. I usually add just a little sugar to the glass when I drink it and maybe a squirt of lemon juice.

I do not like it black and strong. It has to be a nice color and not strong.

Omg!...:)Sounds great! Dang Im gonna give it a shot this weekend, wow, Im blow away, got anymore, great recipes, for, food & or drinks.

thanks so much kitt... :wink:

PatriciaQ 04-24-2009 07:36 PM

hmm, sweet-tea to me is (boil 4cups water & add 4large t-bags & add 1cup sugar) also chill it & yummie drink away heh.

everyones ideas with so grear thanks u so much *s* :grouphug:.

takecare.

p.s.kitt thank u so much...

Kitt 04-25-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CINDERBRAT (Post 500821)
hmm, sweet-tea to me is (boil 4cups water & add 4large t-bags & add 1cup sugar) also chill it & yummie drink away heh.

everyones ideas with so grear thanks u so much *s* :grouphug:.

takecare.

p.s.kitt thank u so much...

Yup, I know what you are saying about boiling the water and making it that way. But you know what, that sounds like your tea is strong. I do not like it strong.

I like Sun Tea as we think it's better. And I never add sugar to it before I put it in the fridge. I don't because everyone likes theirs a little sweeter or not so sweet or maybe they do not want any sugar at all. I also think it keeps better without having sugar in it. Well, that's if you don't drink it up within a day or so:D

The first time I ever had or even heard of Sun Tea was when I visited friends in TX. It was sooooo strong and black and I hated it:eek: Then some friends in another state, also made their Sun Tea black and strong. Hated that too. Soooooo-

At any rate, it's however you like your tea. Enjoy:wink:

DiMarie 06-20-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyC (Post 500375)
I used to drink sweet tea. In my neck of the woods sweet tea is boiled and then added to a pitcher with sugar and chilled. I would drink sweet tea over ice. My preferred choice of tea was Liptons or Walmart brand, pretty close.

Now I drink Crystal Light green tea with raspberry to watch my weight. Lost ten pounds just going from sweet tea to Crystal Light!

What would be a less expensive swap out to Crystal light?
I love sweet tea but want to watch the calories. Stopping at mickey D's for the $1 one quenched my thirst and lasted my Sunday shift 1/2 day.

I make sun tea, with the tea bags and solar, but while I enjoy it iced, I did get spoiled by sweet tea.

I do use sweeteners........but how would it be fruit taste added? Would real lemon make a lemon tea? Any others?
di