NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What I Saw This Morning (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/85239-morning.html)

april1848 04-23-2009 03:43 PM

What I Saw This Morning

I am totally disgusted. We have a ton of Canada geese around here. This morning I was driving to work, and I stopped on a main road to let two geese cross the street. Two others were lurking on the side of the road, so I passed slowly. There were a bunch of cars behind me. I looked in my rear view and saw that the other two geese started to cross, and all the cars behind me stopped, except one. This guy in an SUV ran over the two geese, and kept on going!

The image that I saw through my rear view of flailing feathers and blood under that car is seared into my brain.

The guy in the SUV started driving really fast, and caught up to me. All of the drivers that saw this, including me, were pounding on our horns at him. I could not get his plate number, and he quickly turned onto another road. I wish I would have followed him, but I was so shocked that I just kept on my way, going about 10 miles per hour, having a hand conversation with the guy in the car next to me. Our hands were saying, What the Heck?

I called the cops. I was the sixth one who had called, but all they got was a partial license plate, but we all gave the same description of the car and driver, and where he was headed. A few minutes later the cops called me back to tell me that both geese were dead, and they were still looking for the driver. All day I've been wanting to throw up and cry. It was a terrible thing to see.

What kind of heartless jerk would do this? It could not have been an accident, since he would have seen at least ten of us slow down and/or stop for the first two geese, and the ones he ended up killing. Where could he have been going that was so important that he couldn't slow down for a moment?

I'm the first to admit that these geese are overpopulated around here, they are annoying, and they poop everywhere. But I would never dream of running one over! Plus they are huge birds, so this guy's SUV must be covered in blood and feathers. I hope his car was damaged.

I just had to get this out because it disgusted me so much. I wish I could turn back time and follow the jerk. All of my 100 pounds would have been beating on him. The cops said they'd call me as a witness if they found the guy, but so far no luck. Thanks for letting me vent.

Aarcyn 04-23-2009 04:10 PM

Venting is good. What a horrible thing to see. What a scumbag.

kicker 04-23-2009 04:43 PM

I'm glad you didn't follow. People who kill geese are not nice people and he might have hurt you.

Kitty 04-23-2009 04:48 PM

Bad karma................it will catch up to him when he least expects it. Wish I could be there to witness it when it does! :mad:

He has to live with himself.....which is a pretty awful thing.

SallyC 04-23-2009 06:41 PM

Awwww, I'm sorry you had to witness that, April.:hug:

karousel 04-23-2009 08:28 PM

Not only is this guy a heartless jerk, he's a criminal. Canandian geese are protected wildlife and cannot be harmed.

braingonebad 04-24-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 500322)
Bad karma................it will catch up to him when he least expects it. Wish I could be there to witness it when it does! :mad:

He has to live with himself.....which is a pretty awful thing.

Yup. What you said.

((((April))))

Dejibo 04-24-2009 08:20 AM

:eek: what a jerk!

My husband is always asking "whats the hurry?!" it seems as if the whole world is rushing by, and in such a large hurry that they cant even slow down to protect our most helpless creatures.

it seems many were outraged, including the cops. I bet they hunt him down.

FinLady 04-24-2009 08:48 AM

insensitive idiot. :mad: Guess the SUV driver didn't realize there are hefty fines in the state of Ohio for hitting canadian geese. They are protected wildlife, let alone just the idea of hitting an animal on purpose gives me the shivers.

Twinkletoes 04-24-2009 10:27 AM

Awful sight, but glad it was an animal and not a child.

Sorry you had to witness that, April. I hope they are able to find the guy. But what will they charge him with? Failure to slow down?

Makes me mad to think he'll just get a minor traffic ticket and be on his merry way.