NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Who gets the interview? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/85551-interview.html)

Blessings2You 04-26-2009 06:23 PM

Who gets the interview?

Here's the scenario: something happens in your life, and every local news station, every newspaper, every network news program (60 Minutes, Dateline, 20/20...CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN News...the morning news shows) wants the exclusive interview with YOU. Who gets it?

With whom would you want to sit down and tell your story to the world? Would your choice be different depending on whether what happened was something wonderful or something terrible? Is there somebody you absolutely would NOT give an interview? Just curious.

Dejibo 04-26-2009 06:33 PM

Barbara Walters. I think she is a classy lady, and doesnt try to embarrass or trap you into corners. She is graceful, and calm, not pushy and raw about it.

I would NEVER give an interview to Oprah. or Dr. Phil for that matter. I find both to be brash, and push the envelope to make the ratings sound that much better.

Erin524 04-26-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blessings2You (Post 501491)
Here's the scenario: something happens in your life, and every local news station, every newspaper, every network news program (60 Minutes, Dateline, 20/20...CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, CNN News...the morning news shows) wants the exclusive interview with YOU. Who gets it?

With whom would you want to sit down and tell your story to the world? Would your choice be different depending on whether what happened was something wonderful or something terrible? Is there somebody you absolutely would NOT give an interview? Just curious.

I like most of the reporters/talking heads on Fox News. (dont care for Geraldo much)

But, my problem is that I'm very shy in real life. I would probably want to be an anonymous source.

FluteMaker 04-26-2009 08:16 PM

id prob'ly go with the ENQUIRER or some other tabloid. give them something legit to print

ewizabeth 04-26-2009 08:24 PM

Katie Couric, I've always liked her.

doydie 04-26-2009 09:59 PM

I don't know who I would NOT give an interview to but besides my DH the other person I would discuss it with would be my Mom. Sorry CBS, Fox, etc.

Kitty 04-27-2009 05:41 AM

Absolutely would NOT talk to Dr. Phil. He's just an egotistical, self-absorbed person IMHO. Not too fond of Oprah, either.

I like Meredith Vierra (sp?). And Diane Sawyer and Robin Roberts from GMA. Any one of those three I wouldn't mind talking to.

I would want to see the questions beforehand, though. I'm not good with being put on the spot. :o

braingonebad 04-27-2009 06:00 AM

I would have said Barbara Walters too, but then she'd discuss it with all those big mouth beeoches on the View....

:mad:

Um, no thanks. I'd just write a book.

Dejibo 04-27-2009 07:40 AM

I like merideth veirra too! her hubby has MS, so she understands. Sorry Barbara.

soxmom 04-27-2009 08:11 AM

Chelsea Lately:)