NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Books, Movies, Music and TV Talk (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/)
-   -   Movies: Favorite classic (https://www.neurotalk.org/books-movies-music-and-tv-talk/85881-favorite-classic.html)

PatriciaQ 04-29-2009 10:30 PM

Favorite classic

hi everyone,

im curious, what is everyones favorite classic movies & tv shows, dont be shy, name as many as you want heh k...

have fun.

takecare. :grouphug:

PolarExpress 04-30-2009 10:11 AM

Hmmm..For older classic movies, my favorite is "The African Queen" with Katheryn Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. Newer classic would be Monty Python's Holy Grail. For TV, my favorites are still the funny ones, like the Carol Burnett Show and Golden Girls..Though I'll always be partial to Star Trek :o..

april1848 05-01-2009 02:55 PM

I'll try to keep this short, because I LOVE old movies.

I think my favorites are anything with Bette Davis and Kate Hepburn--Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, The African QUeen, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, Little Women, Philadelphia Story.

I also love the old Doris Day movies, like Pillow Talk and Don't Eat the Daisies. They are pretty silly, but I love them.

I also love anything with Jimmy Stuart--The Glenn Miller Story, Vertigo, Rear Window--I'm a big fan of Hitchcock too.

There are so many great movies out there!

kicker 05-03-2009 08:02 AM

Catherine Hepburn (Bringing up Baby, African Queen) and Cary Grant.

Risby 05-05-2009 07:31 AM

My faves

My absolute favorite movie has to be Gone With The Wind.

TV Shows Carol Burnett and her skits with Harvey Korman and Tim Conway were hilarious. Who can ever forget Tim as that little shuffling old man, and Carol as 'Scarlet" and the curtain rod. We need more TV like that today!

M*A*S*H* is also another favorite.
I'm sure there are many more but I need more coffee to remember

braingonebad 05-17-2009 09:05 AM

Movies - Bette Davis, Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte. Any old Bela Lagosi flicks.

Tv - Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Twilight Zone

Risby - I loved Momma's Family. The whole cast was a riot. You can tell real comedy when it's still funny 20 yrs later.

soxmom 05-18-2009 08:34 AM

movie.....A fish called Wanda

tv....bosom buddies

PolarExpress 05-21-2009 11:58 PM

Movie ~ The African Queen (Hepburn & Bogart)
TV ~ Carol Burnett Show, the original cast of SNL, Monty Python's Flying Circus..

oldsteve 05-22-2009 03:14 AM

Movie~Casablanca, the old horror flicks like Dracula and Frankenstein.

Classic TV~Laugh-in, Mission Impossible, original Star Trek, original Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. And too many more to list.

daniella 06-08-2009 07:28 AM

Movies as a kid Mary Poppins,Sound of Music,Wizard of Oz for classics I guess
TV shows Cosby Show and Seinfeld. You know with all the reality shows I think there are less what I would call good shows.
The movie I have liked the most so far over the years though not a classis is As Good as it Gets. I like light hearted warm movies.
How about plays? I love plays though I don't go anymore cause I fear crowds with my leg and getting hit by accident. I hope one day though again. I have liked basically all but love Lion King and Chicago.Sorry a little off topic