NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Newsflash! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/85894-newsflash.html)

Twinkletoes 04-30-2009 02:12 AM

Newsflash!

Our youngest daughter, Gina, just found out she passed the RN test the first time! It's official: we have a Registered Nurse in the family! :yahoo:

She wouldn't tell anyone when she was taking the $300 test, because she feared she would fail it at least once (you have to get 95% to pass).

In June she will give birth to their first child, and my 7th grandchild. :)

Just had to share! :trampoline: :Dancing-Chilli:

Blessings2You 04-30-2009 05:16 AM

Woo hoo, congratulations!

Don't you ever sleep?

Koala77 04-30-2009 05:31 AM

YAY! That's excellent news Twink.

I was an RN for 40 years... until I retired a little over one year ago.

It's a very rewarding career and I'm sure she'll never regret her decision. Oh, she'll hate the shift work, and she'll get so tired she won't know how if she's coming or going, or if she's ever going to get out of bed to go back and do it all again.

There'll be really happy times that will warm her heart and make her laugh. Some days she'll question her sanity, and there'll be days when she bursts into tears, but I doubt that she'll ever regret her decision.

Congratulate her for me Twink. It's always good to have another RN in our family.

barb02 04-30-2009 07:29 AM

congratulations!!!

soxmom 04-30-2009 08:07 AM

Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to your daughter!!!!!!!!!!:D

Risby 04-30-2009 08:16 AM

Congratulations

Congrats to your daughter!!
Having one exam determine if you can practice your chosen profession involves no stress at all. [NOT]
Having taken that test back in the dark ages, when it was done with a pencil and coloring in the little dots.......and the test was spread over two days...I know the stress involved !

It is a rewarding and challenging career. Best of Luck to her!!

gardengrl 04-30-2009 08:46 AM

Heyyyy Twink, That's GREAT! ALL of it.....7th Grandchild ? KEWL! I'm very happy for your daughter, what an accomplishment!

Nice to see GOOD news & to see you SMILE!

ali12 04-30-2009 08:51 AM

That is GREAT news Twink! Please pass on my Congratulations to your daughter - i'm sure you are very proud of her!!

And a huge Congratulations to you for going to be a grandma again in June - that is so awsome and I know you will be a great grandma and spoil him/her rotten!!:hug:

karousel 04-30-2009 08:51 AM

That is wonderful! Congratuations -- on her passing the test and on the upcoming birth of her child!!! :)

DM 04-30-2009 09:07 AM

And, you should be proud!! I think it takes a special person to become a Nurse, and she should be very proud of herself, as well.

Congrats on the news of a new g'baby soon. So much to be thankful for in the Twink family.