NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Angels amoung us..... (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/86039-angels-amoung.html)

SBOWLING 05-01-2009 01:56 PM

Angels amoung us.....

I feel the need to tell all of you how important your advice and opinions are on this site.

We all deal with such a horrible painful condition. We are at different levels of understanding and acceptance. We not only deal with the AWFUL pain we deal with emotions, sleepless nights, families, employers, WC, doctors, lawyers and life in general. RSD/CRPS has turned our world upside down.

Sometimes we can feel so isolated. You can almost feel the desperation in some of the threads. The advice and opinions on this site are so comforting and caring it makes the isolation and desperation feelings go away.

Thank you all for being ANGELS!!!!!!!! :hug: Sherrie

SandyRI 05-01-2009 02:03 PM

Well said. I so agree. Thanks to all who have helped me with my struggle adjusting to my new life.

Sandy

AintSoBad 05-01-2009 02:29 PM

I'd like to say thanks to EVERYONE here, as well.

The pain, and the depression it brings can be so overwhelming at times.
We can seek some friendship here.

Some other times, we're a bit stronger, and can give some friendship.
Even both, at the same time.

Someone / Somewhere, ALWAYS has it worse!

And, for those I pray.

Keep the Faith!

Pete
asb

screwballpookie 05-02-2009 10:58 AM

I also want to thank everyone for everything they have done for me. It means more than words can say to me. You guys and gals have helped me through some pretty rough times and you continue to help me. I can't thank all of you enough. You all are Angels to me as well.

Great Job To Every One Here! Keep Up The Good Work! We All Need Each Other No Matter What!

Sincerely Yours,
Tracy

michelles 05-02-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBOWLING (Post 504371)
I feel the need to tell all of you how important your advice and opinions are on this site.

We all deal with such a horrible painful condition. We are at different levels of understanding and acceptance. We not only deal with the AWFUL pain we deal with emotions, sleepless nights, families, employers, WC, doctors, lawyers and life in general. RSD/CRPS has turned our world upside down.

Sometimes we can feel so isolated. You can almost feel the desperation in some of the threads. The advice and opinions on this site are so comforting and caring it makes the isolation and desperation feelings go away.

Thank you all for being ANGELS!!!!!!!! :hug: Sherrie

i have never gone onto a forum until now.. and just to say i am so glad my daughter has found this place for me.. i can come here and read get answers to many questions and sometimes just what i am looking for is someone to understand my pain. rsd/crps is one of the hardest painful things i have ever had to endur. i thank all of you for your support comfort and advise... without this forum i would truly be isolated. thank you, michelles

CRPSbe 05-02-2009 11:33 AM

Thank you for saying that Sherrie. I totally agree. I came to this place to find support from around the world. In the US the awareness is far greater, people are much more outspoken. I am someone who is very outspoken and somehow that conflicts with the general mentality that most Belgian people have towards talking about diseases. I feel that RSD is still very taboo where I live, that it is still quite controversial - and patients are treated as such, unfortunately.

I came here from a Belgian chronic pain support forum that is tied to an official chronic pain organisation (I am a moderator for the RSD section there). There are some RSD patients there, but not that many, and they are the ones who can at least talk openly about it.

daniella 05-02-2009 01:46 PM

I agree that I have met some very special people through rsd and always amazes me how kind people are who have these types of struggles. It helps to feel less alone. When someone states how they feel or what their rsd is doing it is like I said it where in real time I often feel like an alien if that makes sense. Hugs and happy/healthy wishes to all

ali12 05-03-2009 07:45 AM

Well said Sherrie! Thank you SO much for posting this! I agree with everything that you said and am so glad to hear that the forum has helped you also like it has me!

I have been on the forum since I was first diagnosed and have met some really awsome friends! I honestly don't know what I would do without you all - you have all helped me through the rough times and I could never thank you enough for that!! I am so lucky to have "met" such great friends like you all - it's just a real shame that it has to be through RSD though!!!!:(

Thank you all for being there for me and for caring - both me and my mum really appreciate it!!:hug:

Alison.

dreambeliever128 05-03-2009 10:32 PM

Ditto on the Angels.

A lot of us wouldn't be able to keep going at times if it weren't for the support we get here. So much in common with each other.

It's great to have each other. When people are mostly home bound, the forum is great company.

Ada

shogan7RSD 05-03-2009 11:50 PM

All Agreed

Thank u for this site, every1. I struggle with addiction and other issues and am partial to support groups. This one is so convenient!
I have gotten so many answers and just genuine caring 4m the ppl here and to know I can come here to feel better about my situation bc I am not as worst off as some is a comfort unlike any other.
Thank u all! And God Bless U All!!!
Sarah