NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Sweating to death and cymbalta or rsd (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/86060-sweating-death-cymbalta-rsd.html)

lexiemae1 05-01-2009 06:16 PM

Sweating to death and cymbalta or rsd

What do u all think is the reason I have been sweating like a crazy person?? Just ringing wet, and it is embarresing> Is it the Cymbalta or Rsd, because I have had a hysterectomy for 15 years so I know it's not that.. Any advie??:eek:

AintSoBad 05-01-2009 06:25 PM

It's the rsd.
And, it's a real pain.
It's tough to dry off from a shower!

I spray anti perspirant around my neck and ears, and on my feeties.

That's all I know to do, besides drink something cold...

pete
asb

SBOWLING 05-01-2009 06:32 PM

IMO it's the RSD. I went off Cymbalta last November and I sweat something terrible. When I asked my doctors they say RSD. Some people complain of freezing with RSD I get hot and sweat (mine is fullbody RSD). I do worse with my pain and symptoms in the summer. I live in OH we some nice warm days last weekend and early in the week. My body was red like a sunburn only I hadn't been in the sun the heat alone lights a fire to my body. I like the winter it keeps my body temperture down.
As one of my doctors and I like to joke it's my crazy short circuited nervous system.
Take care,
Sherrie

lostmary 05-01-2009 06:45 PM

I think it is the rsd also. I'm on cymbalta and I was sweating something firece before I started it. It's part of the wonderful world of rsd

Mary

GalenaFaolan 05-01-2009 07:31 PM

Yup, rsd. It's a very common symptom. I wish the lyrica hadn't made the numbness in my legs so bad because it was the first med I ever took which stopped my sweating! *sigh*

Hugs,

Karen

dreambeliever128 05-01-2009 07:53 PM

Hi,

I also do worse in the summer. I hurt more and sweat more.

When I went off of the Methadone, my sweating did go down. It may be a combination. You might read up on your meds and see if any of them might be making it worse.

Ada

SBOWLING 05-01-2009 08:35 PM

Ada,

Did Methadon help, why are you going off? My doctor wants me to try it. My husband and son are paramedics and my daughter in law is an RN in a level one trama ER. The three of them went crazy on me and said no way should I try. They have worked on people who weren't drug addicts that overdosed on it. My doctor explained how time sensative it is between doses. I read up on it and for now have passed. I thought it might be something I could come back to in the future.
Sorry, I know this off topic for this thread.
Thanks,
Sherrie

angelrsd 05-01-2009 10:18 PM

its the rsd.. i have had this issue for years and besides it runing my clothes and embarissng .. its annoying.. its like i have been running a marathon.. so sorry that your dealing with this

carrie

finz 05-02-2009 12:56 AM

Anyone else play the game of rotating around the bed to find the dry spots ? :rolleyes:

dreambeliever128 05-02-2009 04:43 AM

Hi Sherrie,

The reason I went off of the Methadone is that I am doing much better. My RSD is pretty much in remission. My problem is everything else I'm dealing with. I go back into PT Monday for the TOS, Fibro, back, and neck problems.

As far as it helping. I loved it. I was able to take a low dose of it. I was on it for about 6 years. I could take it and feel like doing the things I needed to do because it did help with the pain a lot. When I went off of it, I had no problems. I actually went off of it cold turkey and was fine.

The only thing I found is it caused some sweating but I was already doing that anyway. I was also going through menopause.

I keep it on hand so if my RSD does peep out due to the weather. The barometer change really gets to me. The hot weather gets to me too. Sometimes my pain is worse in hot weather.

You can overdose and die with most any meds. A person has to have cronic pain to understand it and why a person takes meds, I believe.

Ada