NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Ron - Re Turmeric (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/86088-ron-re-turmeric.html)

reverett123 05-02-2009 04:20 AM

Ron - Re Turmeric

Just wondering if the increased dose was making any difference.

Ronhutton 05-02-2009 12:09 PM

Curcumin

Hi Rick,
Not that I could really put my finger on. I am doing OK though. Yesterday, I cut the half acre of grass, strimmed all the edges, weeded the borders, washed the car, cleaned the alloy wheels with a special cleaner my son bought me, got out the high pressure washer and cleaned all the patio, you remember the size of that, and trimed a high conifer at the front using a very heavy mains cutter on a stepladder. After 18 years of PD, has it made a difference? The problem is, I don't know if I would be any different if I did not take cucumin! All I can say is I am not cured, but I feel my progression is slow.
Ron

girija 05-02-2009 02:38 PM

Ron,
Its so wonderful to read what all you did in one day. I bet your garden looks great! I still remember your beautiful garden! By the way, I might be coming to London in July, may be we can meet again.

Rick and you are great examples of what a difference positive thinking can make to life with PD. Thats exactly what I need today, a little adjustment to my attitude! Now time to get back to some things I gave up because its hard to do. Thanks!

girija

reverett123 05-02-2009 02:53 PM

Ron, Ron, Ron...

You are entirely too modest. That list would make many 40-year olds in perfect health whimper.

So, how long have you been taking the curcumin? And, as I recall, the other mainstay for you is CDP Choline. How long on that? Anything else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronhutton (Post 504743)
Hi Rick,
Not that I could really put my finger on. I am doing OK though. Yesterday, I cut the half acre of grass, strimmed all the edges, weeded the borders, washed the car, cleaned the alloy wheels with a special cleaner my son bought me, got out the high pressure washer and cleaned all the patio, you remember the size of that, and trimed a high conifer at the front using a very heavy mains cutter on a stepladder. After 18 years of PD, has it made a difference? The problem is, I don't know if I would be any different if I did not take cucumin! All I can say is I am not cured, but I feel my progression is slow.
Ron

Ronhutton 05-02-2009 03:40 PM

Curcumin

Girija,
Great to hear from you again. I would love to see you in July, we go on holiday to Venice in June, via the Orient Express!! so we will be home in July, Just give me the dates. By the way, have you any contacts in Amritser, for James on his cycle round the world? He is currently powering through Iran.

Rick,
I have been taking curcumin for around 7 years now. You are right, I have also taken CPD Choline, (citicoline) for about the same time. I have cut it down from 500mg per day to 250mg in the last year. It is given to stroke victims to aid recovery. It aids brain metabolism. Oh to be a 40 year old again in perfect health, but I'm 73 this year!!!

girija 05-03-2009 01:32 AM

Thanks Ron, I will email you my travel plans. I personally dont know anyone in Amrit Sur, I can ask a few friends who might have family there.
Girija

QUOTE=Ronhutton;504824]Girija,
Great to hear from you again. I would love to see you in July, we go on holiday to Venice in June, via the Orient Express!! so we will be home in July, Just give me the dates. By the way, have you any contacts in Amritser, for James on his cycle round the world? He is currently powering through Iran.

Rick,
I have been taking curcumin for around 7 years now. You are right, I have also taken CPD Choline, (citicoline) for about the same time. I have cut it down from 500mg per day to 250mg in the last year. It is given to stroke victims to aid recovery. It aids brain metabolism. Oh to be a 40 year old again in perfect health, but I'm 73 this year!!![/QUOTE]

chasmo 05-03-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronhutton (Post 504743)
Hi Rick,
and trimed a high conifer at the front using a very heavy mains cutter on a stepladder.
Ron

Ron;
PLEASE stay off the ladders!! It simply is not worth the risk, especially with your bad shoulder. Denial of your PD is ok, but doing things you KNOW are dangerous isn't!! All it takes is ONE bad fall and you are done for! EX: Natasha Richardson.

your friend
Charlie Black

Ronhutton 05-03-2009 01:24 PM

Ladders

Thanks Chasmo, I will heed your very wise advice! Thank you so much for your concern. I certainly don't attempt my double aluminium extension ladder anymore, which goes up about 30 feet! However, I felt reasonably safe on a small stepladder (like a V upside down). I can hold on to it or if i need both hands, lean across it for support..
But you are quite right, I won't even touch that in future.
My 6 feet 4 inch son was coming with his family today, and I should have waited for him to do it. However, you know what it is like when you have never been accustomed to asking for help....
Never again, you have my promise!!!
Very Best wishes Chasmo,
Ron