NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   I have good news, and I have bad news. (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/86328-news-bad-news.html)

Koala77 05-05-2009 10:20 PM

I have good news, and I have bad news.

First the bad news.....I'd rather get that out of the way first.

Hubby went to start the car this morning and all he heard was "click". Nothing else. No broom broom of the motor. No nothin'... just click. DH then phoned our mechanic for advice...and the mechanic said it could be the battery, but as the lights still worked then it could just as easily be the alternator or starter motor. .:eek:

Well I could see dollar signs adding up before my eyes, but I knew there was probably enough in our bank account to buy a cheap battery... if we could find one on special somewhere, and we are in the automibile road side service club, so I knew we could get them out to diagnose the problem without it costing us anything.

So...I phoned the auto club for a price on a new battery should that be the problem, got a price and while holding my breath I phoned the bank to get a balance on our account.

Now comes the good news!

There was a thousand dollars more in the bank than what we had yesterday. I could not believe it, but when I checked again.... there was no mistake! It was the latest stimulus package that the Gvt had promised us would be coming out at some stage.

So.... thank you Mr Prime Minister. You have one more very happy Australian. :D

PS. The car now goes. We got the auto club out, they replaced the battery and my little car is purring like a kitten, and I've just sent hubby to the store to buy some essentials, with strict instructions he had to come home with something special for me. :)

Jomar 05-05-2009 11:56 PM

I was thinking maybe the battery terminal connections happened to get loose and just needed tightened. But that probably doesn't happen much on newer cars very often.

Our tractors need to have the connections checked often, but they are older and out in the weather quite a bit.

Friend2U 05-06-2009 12:13 AM

Anne,

Don't you just love happy endings?!?!?!:cool2:
So glad for you!:hug:

pud's friend 05-06-2009 12:55 AM

Good ol' Kevin can stimulate my economy anytime. Have you heard there might be ANOTHER one on the way!!! Yeah!

Koala77 05-06-2009 12:55 AM

Oh gosh, you're not going to believe this, but after such a shakey start to the the day ....today is one day that will go down in our memory bank as a special day after-all.

About an hour ago hubby had a phone call from the taxation dept to tell him that he had $1500 that had been sitting for the last 20 years, and did he want it sent out to him now? Neither of us have ever heard of the Gvt phoning to say they had some of your money, andwould you likeus to send it to you?? We just could not believe it.

So after a yukky start, today turned out to be a rather nice day.

Hubby did buy me a present.... he bought me the linen package that I'd been eyeing off for a while.

If anyone is interested, I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow.

If you're waiting for Kevin to be nice to you pud's friend, just keep the faith and it will happen. :hug:

Twinkletoes 05-06-2009 01:21 AM

Wow, Koala! I think I'll pack my bags and move next door to see if some of that luck rubs off!

Glad hubby knew just what to get you! How nice! Of course we want pics. You had to Ask? :cool:

Dejibo 05-06-2009 08:11 AM

Can I rub up against you to see if some of that money luck rubs off?

pleeeeeeaaaze???? :D

yeahbut 05-06-2009 08:21 AM

Anne - I am so happy for you! Glad to see there is some good going on in this day in age!!

:hug:

AfterMyNap 05-06-2009 08:29 AM

"It is a happy day, mmmm. mmmm., a happy day." :)

—Mammy

TwoKidsTwoCats 05-06-2009 10:43 AM

:hug: COOL BEANS ... money flowing in is always good!:cool:

I recently had a dead battery too. Silly mechanic told me I didn't drive the car often enough to keep the battery charged!:rolleyes: I've turned into the little old lady with the low mileage car!:eek: :D:D