NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Overlap (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/86360-overlap.html)

maryec 05-06-2009 11:31 AM

Overlap

Well back from neuro app., EMG & NCV Neuropathy & myopathy do to my connective tissue disease overlap he said. He said I need my Reumatologist, involved with these worsening symptoms. I am getting home care & three days of high dose IV methelprednisolone, to give me well needed boost. Called Reumy to see him , I can't get in till June 16th, & am on a list for cancellations. So nerve damage, junction damage & muscle damage, due to Myasthenis gravis & overlap connective tissue disease. Sucks ! I am in my mad stage right now.

erinhermes 05-06-2009 03:36 PM

That stinks!

Big, big hugs and prayers are being sent your way...............

That is just NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Erin

maryec 05-06-2009 04:57 PM

Thank you Erin, I posted most of my story for you ! You asked for it you got it ! Babieee!
LOL.........

redtail 05-07-2009 03:48 AM

Hi Mary,:hug:

Certainly does suck!!:mad: It just aint fair!
take care of yourself
Kate

maryec 05-07-2009 07:36 AM

I guess it's good to get angry about it from time to time, maybe it will help me fight ! I am sure my next emotion will be saddness, then I will deal with it, & move on ! A real pattern with me ! LOL.....

ras1256 05-07-2009 05:53 PM

Mary,
I know we all say it's better to know, but damn the add-ons!!!!

I'm sorry, I wish it could've been different for you! At least they're arranging for some extra care for you. Is this just for a while until you respond to meds and feel better?

Chin up honey (after you get through the necessary stages, of course ). Attitude has so much to do with it, doesn't it? Too bad our great attitudes can't PREVENT this stuff from piling up on us.

I'll be thinking of you!

maryec 05-07-2009 06:05 PM

A rough road, thats why it took me awhile to share, I don't like to look back, at the mess, when I am still going through stuff, things have never been under control for me. But better days are coming. I can be grateful my Myasthenia treatment has kept me out of the hospital now for 5 years ! Happy day !

erinhermes 05-08-2009 09:44 PM

What a great attitude!

Mary, you are great - just great! A positive attitude works wonders for the soul - that and lots and lots of chocolate!

Keep up the good work! Attitude is half the battle! I see so many people @ the hospital who are just plain MEAN and try to make everyone miserable and I just feel so sorry for them.

After all, EVERYONE is going through SOMETHING - maybe not on our scale, but they are nonetheless!

Big hugs!
Erin:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by maryec (Post 507297)
A rough road, thats why it took me awhile to share, I don't like to look back, at the mess, when I am still going through stuff, things have never been under control for me. But better days are coming. I can be grateful my Myasthenia treatment has kept me out of the hospital now for 5 years ! Happy day !