NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   how warm is it where you are? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/86633-warm.html)

braingonebad 05-09-2009 09:16 AM

how warm is it where you are?

Yesterday it was 94, today supposed to be 96. I'm in Sanford, FL. (by Orlando)

Dh asked if I'm going to wear shorts, tank top today, or jeans and sweatshirt again.
:p

Kitty 05-09-2009 09:23 AM

It's cloudy and overcast here. It's in the 70's right now but supposed to be in the low 80's this afternoon. It feels hotter than it really is because of all the darn humidity. I can be out in it for just a few minutes and feel like my legs weigh 100 pounds each.

From what I remember Florida's pretty humid, too. Does the heat bother you?

TwoKidsTwoCats 05-09-2009 09:35 AM

North AL, it's suppose to be 75 today, 65 tomorrow...with rain, rain and more rain... at least no high winds or possible tornadoes!

Met any big 'skitters yet Brain!?? :D How's the house hunting going??

braingonebad 05-09-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 507950)
It's cloudy and overcast here. It's in the 70's right now but supposed to be in the low 80's this afternoon. It feels hotter than it really is because of all the darn humidity. I can be out in it for just a few minutes and feel like my legs weigh 100 pounds each.

From what I remember Florida's pretty humid, too. Does the heat bother you?

The humidity was only mid 30's yesterday. So that was awesome. It's never that low in OH, it's always over 60 or 70%. The heat doesn't bother me any more than it does any normal person, but I am horribly cold sensitive. I am in a bad way all winter and have been wanting to move south for years. When it's cold out, even if it's 80 in the house, my bones feel it. My fatigue is to the moon and the pain goes crazy.

I hiked ten miles in 94 degrees thurs and felt better than I have in years. Can't do that in Ohio.

:cool:

2K - no skeeters at all. No bugs really. Lots of little lizards, lots of horses. Saw a sign that said *Bear Xing*. There's bear around here, didn't know that. How nice.

:eek:

Aarcyn 05-09-2009 10:21 AM

Forecast for today : 101 degrees. It is 8:15 AM and 83 degrees right now.

I am not heat sensitive LUCKILY. But it is hot by anyone's perspective. Frozen water bottles and a sun hat are a must.

plus oven gloves to open the car door.:D

But handicapped spaces have more shady spots, shade screens in car windows are a must. And waiting for 5 minutes to air the car (the temperature inside the car is like an oven that needs to open to cool) and a good A/C is a must.

And the pool is about ready, nature is warming the water and I can walk around to get exercise as long as I wear my floaties.:D

Chemar 05-09-2009 10:22 AM

we are forecast to be 94 deg, sunny and humid here in central Florida today:eek:

Alffe 05-09-2009 10:26 AM

Light Rain/Windy

Feels Like: 43° Barometer: 29.73 in and rising rapidly Humidity: 93% Visibility: 2 mi Dewpoint: 41° Wind: WNW 28 mph Sunrise: 6:32 am Sunset: 8:52 pm
That wind is gusting...brought in the flag.

kicker 05-09-2009 11:57 AM

It is humid, my wavy/almost curly hair us frizzing big time!!!

AZjanie 05-09-2009 01:32 PM

Here in NW AZ it's ninety two degrees and a beautiful sunny day. It's supposed to get up to ninety six degrees which is perfect!! :D

(DH and I love the warm weather and don't bother with the a.c. till it's at least a hundred and no wind.)

We get up early now that warmer weather is here and water the patio flower pots and hang out laundry and that's about it for outside chores.

Our yard is decorative rock, cacti and palm trees and a pre-set watering system so no maintenance. :cool:

We have such a nice breeze, patio misters are on so "come on down"!! :grouphug:

lor 05-09-2009 02:44 PM

It's 58* & real windy today in NW Ohio. Yeah braingonebad, "it's not the heat it's the humidity". 58 isn't cold, it's a little cool though. It looks like rain now. May showers bring June flowers here in NW Ohio. But in the winter it is cold...the wind chill is what matters, if you have 1 square inch of skin exposed. It's 20* on the thermometer often but the wind chill might be 3*. I've always wanted to move south too, BGB.

Remember "the blizard of '78"? You could see one whole inch. If you looked out your window all you litterally saw was white (not the big tree 10 feet away).