NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Right Side Shaking (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/86771-shaking.html)

yeahbut 05-11-2009 06:52 PM

Right Side Shaking

This is new to me - it feels like my right side is cold and got the shivers - do you know what I mean? I am not cold but I have the shakes on that side like I am, really strange feeling!!

Going to eat some supper and hope it goes away - just wondering if it is "normal"

dmplaura 05-11-2009 06:54 PM

Awww hun, that sounds unnerving, but there's always something 'new' with this crummy disease huh?

Yes I do know what you mean, but I've never had it on 1 side. I do have odd temperature fluctuations (feeling frigid when I'm actually hot, or feeling feverish when I'm actually cold).

I hope you feel better quick! :hug:

Kitty 05-11-2009 07:05 PM

Sounds sort of like tremors. I get them in my hands sometimes but it's usually both of them at the same time. You might want to call the doctor about it. Hope you feel better! :hug:

yeahbut 05-11-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitty (Post 508890)
Sounds sort of like tremors. I get them in my hands sometimes but it's usually both of them at the same time. You might want to call the doctor about it. Hope you feel better! :hug:

that is just what it feels like - tremors! Thanks Kelly, I couldn't come up with the word I wanted - cog fog!

SallyC 05-11-2009 10:00 PM

Sorry Yabbit, I hope it goes away soon..:hug:

PolarExpress 05-12-2009 09:11 AM

Sorry to hear you have to deal with that, Yabbit..My right hand will do the tremor thing once in a while, but my whole body, on rare occasions, will too. It feels like I'm shivering from the inside. Don't know how else to describe it. It goes away for me in a day or so. Hope it does for you, too!:hug:

ckepi 05-12-2009 09:19 AM

I get the shakes some times especialy if I'm not listening to my body :rolleyes:.

If I;m not getting enough sleep, or eating on a good schedule, or trying to do to much physically, and if I get too cold I get the shakes.

I hope you feel better soon!! :hug:

tkrik 05-12-2009 09:21 AM

YB - I have both MS tremors and essential tremors. I can't tell which is which but the neuro can. Heat will exacerbate both of them. However, I am on Neurotin for nerve pain but it has the added bonus of helping with the tremors.

If it gets worse or more bothersome, definitely give your dr a call.

SandyC 05-12-2009 09:55 AM

Jim has this mainly on his right side too. You can even catch a glimpse of the tremors inside the leg when it's real bad.

Blessings2You 05-12-2009 10:24 AM

Just peeking in hoping for an update, YB. Hope you're feeling better, soaking up some rays.